Other Turnigy 9x 9Ch Transmitter

murankar

Staff member
I would love to be in that club. I have not mentioned what's going on in may but let's say that I will be departing this country yet again for the army. If things go the way they did for Korea I should have some extra cash.

Westy

LEGEND
Hey All .

I have had a few of these Turnigy 9x Radios ... and I have put a lot of wiki information and vids and tutorials on the Official 9x website. They are awesome and yes you can change out the modules and run whatever you want mostly.

I have done most of the mods except the telemetry

You can even by aftermarket main boards that give them the features of a thousand dollar radio.
the New model is the 9XR which has recently been released by Hobby King it is a fully featured radio and works with all any JR type module and receiver. They come out of the box with built in backlight and also built in interface for running Companion 9x (ER9x interface software).

Here are a couple of links for a good combo of 9XR and Telemetry ready module and receiver.

Here is a Video on its release:

Best thing is you can get them all ready to roll for under a $100.00 + Shipping .... you will need a 2s lipo though
RADIO HERE:

IMG_1689_2.jpg

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31544__Turnigy_9XR_Transmitter_Mode_2_No_Module_ .html

FrSky Combo modulre and Rx (1.5 - 2.5Km range)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14349__FrSky_DJT_2_4Ghz_Combo_Pack_for_JR_w_Tele metry_Module_V8FR_II_RX.html
14349.jpg

You can even get a battery voltage interface for under $5 bucks .... truly amazing

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16671__FrSky_Battery_Voltage_Sensor_FrSky_Teleme try_System_.html

14349.jpg

IMG_1689_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
Correct - My BAd .... I saw my error after posting but there is no way to edit a post after you submit it. I forgot about it and moved onto my PSU mod for my battery charger

It will take any 3s Lipo upto 2200MAH (or even bigger if it will fit into the Battery Compartment: 112 x 44 x 27mm_

Basically for under $8.00 you can feed it more juice than you will use in 5 - 10 flying sessions.

9XR Standard Features:
• 8 Channel PPM/9 Channel PCM
• Full Ball Bearing gimbals
• Adjustable Stick Length
• Digital Trims on all Primary Axis
• 16 Model Memory
• Assignable Switches
• Freely Assignable Channel Mixes
• Graphical Dual Rate and Exponential
• Sub Trim and Travel Adjust
• Flaps and Differential
• Throttle Hold
• Supports Heli/ Aero/ Glider Model Types
• Programming Templates Based on Model Type
• Supports M1, M2, M3, M4 stick modes
• 128 x 64 backlit Liquid Crystal Display
• Built in JR & Futaba Trainer Ports
• PPM & PCM Output
• JR Form Factor RF Modules (Orx Dsm2, Orx Open LRS 433Mhz etc)
• Programmable Timers
• Low Voltage Warning and Buzzer
• Supports 3s Lipo (Required)
• 9XR Firmware Pre-loaded
• AVR ISP Interface
• Internal 2.4GHz Antenna

Online support and user forums available at: Turnigy® 9XR Transmitter

Spec:
Channnel: 8ch ppm/9ch pcm
Display: 128*64LCD (Backlit)
Support Type: Heli/Acro/Glid
Model Memory: 16
Stick modes: 1, 2, 3, 4
Encoder type: ppm/pcm
Module Interface: JR Compatible (See Related Items Below)
Simulator Interface: Yes (JR & Futaba)
Buzzer: Yes
Battery Compartment: 112 x 44 x 27mm
Weight (less battery & Rf Module): 723g

Required:
Battery 3S Lipo
RF Module

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ... and if you want to go down the path of Orange (Spektrum/JR Compatible) DSM2/DSMX Compatible

You can get this module instead - Simply click into your 9XR or your TGY9x

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24656__OrangeRX_DSMX_DSM2_2_4Ghz_Transmitter_Module_JR_Turnigy_compatible_.html

24656-4(1).jpg

24656-4(1).jpg

madrat

Thanks Tony, yeah I need to get back into the "swing" of things, before I forget what little I have learned. Haven't touched a heli since I got my Turnigy 9x. :(

Westy

LEGEND
Thanks Tony, yeah I need to get back into the "swing" of things, before I forget what little I have learned. Haven't touched a heli since I got my Turnigy 9x. :(

Is you 9x running original software or have you upgraded it to ER9X? - I highly modded mine ... just sold it recently.

murankar

Staff member
I am on the standard software myself. not in the mood to get all the stuff to mod it. all though it cant be that hard to solder it.

Westy

LEGEND
the original software is not too bad .... I did the Battery mods, Backlight Mod, Trainer port Mod (1K resistor) - so you do not have to keep removing the module everytime you use it on your Simulator, Hard wired the USBASP for ER9x upgrade.....

I just stopped there and did a heap of tutorials and how to guides on setups, moddig etc.... most of which are on the 9xforum and the 9x Wiki Pages. If you ened any help on those.... I know em inside out (Literally) .... just cant remember the original software as it was so basic ... it did not need any guides I thought.

Tony

Staff member
Does anyone (in the USA) have one of these that they would like to sell at a really good price to Rc-Help.com?

Westy

LEGEND
I Have a great mate in Florida ... I think he has 3 or 4 of them .... I will ask him when he gets back from Pitsburg

xokia

Hi and thank you :)

But one question remains now :)
why would you go spectrum if the turnigy is good?
There is a orange module that fits the turnigy and is DSM2 and DSMX compitable?
Or is spectrum radios so much more better?
I belive that the chinese have not figured out DSMX yet to copy it. I think they are DSM2 only.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Westy

LEGEND
Yep they do ... they are pretty good.

99.5% of stuff you see in the world now is made in China. Nothing against the Chinese ... but it really peaves me when I go out and buys some work socks .... and you get some from New Zealand Sock Company ... and get home and see they are made in china ... in tiny writing. and they have rubber in them now too ! haha - Next time I am getting dideways in the Car ... I would flick my boot off and put my leg out and use the sock for more traction Lol

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I don't have DSM on my setup. I have not followed it because of it. I knew they had it just didn't know anything more about it.

Tony

Staff member
I have either sold or thrown away all of the orange Rx's that I had. I will never use them again with all of the issues I have read. I'm not risking not only my planes or heli's, let alone the safety of others because I wanted to save $20 on something that I"m keeping for a while. Would you buy a house for 100, or would you save up and get a bigger and better house? would you buy a 100 car to go across country, or save up for a newer one that is MUCH more RELIABLE? This is my point in why I will never buy anything that is being made with cheap components.

xokia

I have either sold or thrown away all of the orange Rx's that I had. I will never use them again with all of the issues I have read. I'm not risking not only my planes or heli's, let alone the safety of others because I wanted to save $20 on something that I"m keeping for a while. Would you buy a house for 100, or would you save up and get a bigger and better house? would you buy a 100 car to go across country, or save up for a newer one that is MUCH more RELIABLE? This is my point in why I will never buy anything that is being made with cheap components.

Yea the only thing I buy from hobby king anymore is batteries. The chargers and power supplies also do ok. But everytime I am tempted to buy something cheap just to thrash from hobby-king I always remind myself by the time you're done with it you might as well have bought the real deal.

Top Bottom