Other Turnigy 9x 9Ch Transmitter

Tony

Staff member
When I get back on my feet, and my bills are paid, I will be getting this one, and it will more than likely be the mode 1. I just want to see how far I can mod one and it still work lol. I mean, for $90, why not...

madrat

Well after the wait My Turnigy9x rx & tx has arrived and only $60.93 with shipping and all. The first thing I have to do now is change it to mode 2. Can't wait to try it out.

madrat

Yeah, but it would have helped if I would have brought it with me this trip. lol Never fails, when I have a heli with me, I never have time, but look now, all kinds of time lol

SrRichard83

Any chance to try it out yet?
I'll get mine this week and i am really eager to see what ppl say about this radio :). Good or not so good?
Also what mods ppl have done and so on.
:)

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately MadRat has gotten busy with life and his job and hasn't done much with Rc since this post. I have been trying to talk him into getting back into it, but he has been working so much that he is never around his toys. Maybe one day he will come back and join us on the fun.

SrRichard83

Let's hope so :), but you also was thinking about the turnigy you said ;), but there is going to be a new turnigy released this month, it will be named: turnigy 9XR :).

Tony

Staff member
Since I have gotten my DX8 I have not looked into any other Tx's. I shouldn't have waited so long to get the DX8. It will do anything and everything that a person could want. If we can get this 600 nitro put together soon, I will be doing videos with this Tx and telemetry, governors and so on. Just have to get everything together.

murankar

Staff member
I have a fly sky th9x. Its the same thing. As far a mods go, I have only done the backlight kit from hobby king and added a lifepo to power the tx. I got a hobby king 1500 mah 3s pack which fits rather well.

If you have humidity issues such as I did the left gimbal seemed to stick a little bit.

Issues: have not had any other issues with mine. I enjoy it but would love to go to specktrum when I get the cash.

murankar

Staff member
I have a fly sky th9x. Its the same thing. As far a mods go, I have only done the backlight kit from hobby king and added a lifepo to power the tx. I got a hobby king 1500 mah 3s pack which fits rather well.

If you have humidity issues such as I did the left gimbal seemed to stick a little bit.

Issues: have not had any other issues with mine. I enjoy it but would love to go to specktrum when I get the cash.

SrRichard83

Hi and thank you :)

But one question remains now :)
why would you go spectrum if the turnigy is good?
There is a orange module that fits the turnigy and is DSM2 and DSMX compitable?
Or is spectrum radios so much more better?

murankar

Staff member
Specktrum is way better. I got the th9x due to a budget constraint. I do own a DX5e that I use on my 120sr and I love it for what it is. As far as the orange rx I dont have any idea about it binding to it.

If I had to say anything about it it would go something like this:
Pluses
Modifiable extensively through firmware updates, light mod, cost effective, fits nicely in the hands, fairly easy to set up for helis (have not done acro or glider setup yet), binds to the 6 channel flysky rx.

Cons:
Fairly cheap plastic; range (not nearly as far as a specktrum); but then again for a 450 heli it does fine; plastic does not handle humidity that well; my left gimble started getting sticky in the South Korean summer, have not been able to get the mixing to work on helis; limited model memory, unless you flash the rom; the fact that you need to flash it if you want full control of the radio; modding the radio for the port to flash it is not for the weak at heart. Switches are not very durable, had a minor drop and had to replace the gyro gain switch.

Overall If you want something to get you in the air and not break the bank then get this radio as a great interim tx or for those who like to tniker with things this could be your tx. If you have the cash for a JR, Specktrum, Futaba then go for one of those instead. I do not regret my purchase and I would not consider this an tx for anything bigger than a 500 class heli, even that could push my comfort level.

SrRichard83

Hi.
Thank you for a great explaination.
450 heli is the "biggest" heli i fly at the moment. I am still novice and trying my best only to understand all the talk about helis and throttle curves and all that XD.
I do have very restrained budget atm and this radio is My first try to have a complicated radio, i only have had the E-sky 35mhz standard radio untill now ;).

But i have also relised that buying cheep stuff have now brought me to a cost beyond what it would have costed me to get good stuff from start.
But still restrained budget so for now i have to stick to the cheap stuff :(, omg this Will ruin me XD

Tony

Staff member
What you just said up there about cheap costing more is the reason I'm no longer purchasing clone helicopters and I made the switch to the DX8. Yes, it's very expensive compared to the cheaper counterparts in the beginning, but pays off in the end.

murankar

Staff member
Well depending on what happens in May I maybe looking at a dx6 or 7 depending on the prices at that time.

murankar

Staff member
Seems like hh likes to run special deals. I hope they are running one when the time comes to look at it.

Top Bottom