450 Trex 450 pro dfc super combo 3gx

junior10

well i got her up but only for a second, it was spinning nose left from jump. i sat it down right away, no damage. i tried to upload a vid but its not a valid file. anyhow i must have something backwards or gain to high/low.

junior10

just check settings and i had the gyro rate to 40% and i switched the rudder servo direction. after looking at lee's gyro/servo direction check video i saw the tail blades were moving in the wrong direction. i just changed my gyro rate to 60% and will try again when the wind dies down.

- - - Updated - - -

just check settings and i had the gyro rate to 40% and i switched the rudder servo direction. after looking at lee's gyro/servo direction check video i saw the tail blades were moving in the wrong direction. i just changed my gyro rate to 60% and will try again when the wind dies down.
gyro was set correct

Westy

LEGEND
I did mention it in post #36 and 38 ..... ah well .... you will get it sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

take the gyro Gain up to 70 and see where you are..... if it wags ... back it off 3-5 clicks and refly.... in a few hops you will get the tail sorted.

oh and you want to cange the Gyro Direction .... not the Servo Direction ..... unless your blades were not moving in the correct direction with the rudder input itself....

from post #38
[h=2]Re: Trex 450 pro dfc super combo 3gx[/h]
yes.... and when you push the tail ======>>> to the right.... the slider (on the rotor shaft) will move toward the boom... and the blades will g in the same direction as when you push right rudder.

hope that makes sense.​

Last edited:

junior10

this is my 1st heli with this type of tail, all my others had tail motors. so when i set it up i thought i had it moving in the correct direction but after watching that video(made more sense) i got it. raining here in the nations capital so no flying today. sunday should be nice out, i'll try again in the morning.

junior10

wow its windy here but i couldn't resist the chance to try out my new #s in the gyro setup. left spin is gone, tail is crisp and stops on a dime. i only hovered for a min but man this is a nice bird. smoooooth spool up, blades track nice and lots of power. the nose left spin must have been because i had my gyro rate at 50%. after researching this problem it seems that a 50% setting means 0 rate for the gyro. now i have it at 65% and i get a "F" light on the bx.

Westy

LEGEND
yep .... Tony & I mentioned this in another thread earlier today....

some Tx's go from -100 to +100 and 0 will be the transition point from Heading hold to rate mode......

other TX's only have 0 to +100 so then +50 is the switch over point.

The best way to know for sure ... is to set it ... and move your rudder to full one side or the other ... and release..... if your servo instantly returns back to centre ... it is still in Rate mode.... when it is in HH mode .... in most cases you move the stick and it will go all the way over to the end point (or close to it) and then when you release the stick to centre.... the servo will not return as it is waiting for the heli to give it an input to tell the gyro which way to act on it.... ... you also sometimes get servo creep in HH mode ... where the servo hums and moves sloly to one side or another....

junior10

did a little hovering( 10mph wind) and i haven't seen problems, no vibrations no binding. i do have a little right nose drift not sure if i should get it out with trim tab or another way.

Tony

Staff member
Move the rudder servo or adjust the linkage rod. DO NOT use trim or subtrim to stop a drift in the tail. It will jack up the gyro and you will be running around in circles trying to find the issues.

junior10

you boys are great! if it wasn't for all the help i've gotten here flying/working on this bird wouldn't be half as much fun.

Lee

Looks great. Very smooth.
And what you did to show the video is what we do anyway.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately we don't have the space to upload a video to the forum server. But, posting the link to your video on youtube will embed it here on the forum.

Top Bottom