450 Trex 450 pro dfc super combo 3gx

junior10

getting close now, got the frame, head, tail boom, main gear, servos centered, ar7200bx and esc mounted, motor sitting in place waiting to be lock down. trying to figure a nice clean wire route to give it that finished look.

junior10

thanks, i hope the bx setup goes as smooth as the build. thanks again to tony for that 450 pro build video.

junior10

silly question, do i need to setup the esc or is it setup from the factory? this is a brand new bird right out of the box.

Tony

Staff member
The ESC should be plug and play. Just set the endpoints and go. To do this, you will turn the Tx on and raise the throttle to full throttle (make sure you have a linear throttle curve!). Then plug in the heli and listen for the first set of beeps. Once you hear them, lower the throttle all the way and listen for the ESC to initialize. That is all the setup you need on the ESC.

junior10

need a little help finding the frequency for the servos(ds415m,ds520). i've been looking but haven't found that info just pulse counts and operating voltages

- - - Updated - - -

found it on beastx.com

junior10

all put together and ar7200bx setup, nothing left to do but get it in a hover and start adjusting flight characteristics.

pvolcko

The ESC endpoint setup with the 7200BX may be a problem. The powerup safety system they use in that controller will prevent you from powering up with a full throttle setting, it will send 0 throttle to the ESC until you send 0 throttle from the Tx. So to set endpoints you may need to use a standard receiver. Or else play some games with things, like disconnecting the ESC throttle plug's power pin, using a separate Rx power pack to power up the 7200bx (plug it into any free port on the 7200bx), init the 7200bx with a 0 throttle stick position, then go to full throttle and power up the ESC via the main battery (you disconnect the power line on the ESC throttle plug to prevent the ESC sending power to the 7200bx, if it has a built in BEC, which based on your pictures is the case). Safety: Do all this with the blades off the heli and perhaps with the motor pinion disengaged from the main gear (I pull the main gear since moving the motor or removing/disengaging the pinion is a hassle).

junior10

thanks for the info, i'm no krazy 3d pilot thats for sure. so far my 3d consists of rolling my blade nano inverted and back upright again, crash repeat.

Westy

LEGEND
did you double check your tail and gyro operation? if not ... the first thing you will experience is a super fast spin as the heli leaves the ground..... good luck with your first take off!

junior10

this is my first build so not sure how to check the gyro other then tilt it and see if the swash comps for it. as far as the tail goes do you mean the blade pitches in the correct direction with the rudder stick?

Westy

LEGEND
yes.... and when you push the tail ======>>> to the right.... the slider (on the rotor shaft) will move toward the boom... and the blades will g in the same direction as when you push right rudder.

hope that makes sense.

junior10

thanks westy, i double triple checked those thing and everything is spot on. hoping to get it up friday or saturday.

Top Bottom