450 Trex 450 pro dfc super combo 3gx

junior10

gona be getting this heli soon(TREX 450 PRO DFC SUPER COMBO 3GX), but should i get it with the 3gx or the ar7200bx. i'll be using my dx6i tx and this will be my first build. i've been flying cp helis for just over a yr now. i currently fly my v400d02 and my nano. any suggestions would be welcomed.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
if you have the cash you can never go wrong with the 7200bx and it will work with your TX dx6i

as far as is it needed? probably not right now. 3Gx is a good gyro too. If 7200bx is 9/10 then 3GX is a good 7.5 :) ... So you dont NEED to upgrade it at all.. if you are getting that super combo.. build it .. follow tony's videos.. fly it.. :)

then if you are still looking for more performance.. get 7200bx :)

stokke

7200bx if money is not a prob - 3gx is just as good. but only if you couldn't afford the 7200bx

junior10

thanks for the input. i was concerned about how hard the 3gx would be to setup and use with my dx6i. i was reading, i would need a separate rx along with the 3gx because i use the dx6i. so why not just get the spektrum rx

Westy

LEGEND
I thought you needed 7 channels for a FBL system regardless? perhaps a DX6i will not do the job?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nope.. you dont need a 7 channel for FBL :) .. I explained a while back.. I'll have to find that post.

Lee

All the Blade X series helis that come RTF have a DX6I and a AR7200BX FBL unit. So it must be ok.

Westy

LEGEND
Good to Know Lee .... Cheers for that!!! so which Rx is better ... AR8000 or AR7200BX? ..... does one have built in FBL system and one not? perhaps that is it.... (as he talks to himself Lol)

Lee

Good to Know Lee .... Cheers for that!!! so which Rx is better ... AR8000 or AR7200BX? ..... does one have built in FBL system and one not? perhaps that is it.... (as he talks to himself Lol)

BX stands for beastx ar8000 is a normal rx

Tony

Staff member
As stated the AR7200bx is an AR7200 Rx with a built in Beastx gyro. The 7200 is the Rx for the DX7s, and from what I have heard the Beastx is one of the best flybarless systems out there. I have no proof of this since I have never flown or set one up though.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Actually ar7200 binds up and works with any Tx. Just needs to be spektrum technology. You will only have those many channels available as are on your Tx.

Yes 7200 is a perfect match up with a dx7. Not in performance at all just the number of channels

7200bx and any fbl system works very well with 6 channel. Does ansolutely everything it's supposed to the way it's supposed to :)

I flew beastx , tarot zyx, 3gx, 7200bx all on my dx6i till I recently went to the x9503 :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
I guess I could have been more clear on my previous post. The 7200 is the STOCK Rx for the DX7s, but can be used with anything running DSM2 or DSMX tech. Including the DX7s, DX6i, and DX8. The 6i will not be able to use Aux2 and the DX8 will not be able to use Aux3.

junior10

well its finally on its way, i didn't get the 3gx a have the ar7200bx for the brains. should be a lot of fun building this guy, this will be my first align heli. i've been beating the blade nano up trying to get ready for the 450(flips/rolls). anyhow i will post as i go along with the build. thanks for your help in advanced.

junior10

the 450 showed up yesterday and started the build today. tony's video has been a big help. the dfc has just a few less parts then the pro v2. i've got the head and frame put togehter and started on the tail boom. this bird is going together like butter. which is nice because this is my first build.

Top Bottom