Tony's (Blackwarriors) Video diary

ok guys, im now uploading my first Maiden flight with this 450 and the Kbar Gyro.

i cant wait to show you guys these flights. i used 3 cameras to capture it from all angles in case something went wrong AGAIN.... but i have to say....IT DID NOT....

the first video coming is taken from my Mobius stuck to our MX5, it shows uncut footage of me flying it with the training gear on first, i was terrified it was going to CRASH AGAIN...this was taken in the carpark on the concrete so the training gear could slide about, but it locked on solid.

anyway after 20 seconds or so of that i cut them off... the throttle was extremely twitchy you will see it bouncing up and down..

i am absolutely thrilled to bits, lipos on charge, i used 4 of them today, amazing, AND i done my very first pirouettes...

in other videos i move the heli into the field and fly from there, i know the long grass is a no-no (Lee) lol, but finding somewhere with no people or property isnt easy around here..

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to EVERYONE on RCH who has given me advice/tips along the way, and a special thanks to my mate Thomas (WickedClown) whom ive Skyped nearly everyday with problems. this forum is THE BEST - Thanks Tony 1, your the MAN

ok guys - WATCH THIS SPACE

Slobberdog

Glad you got it sorted and you had fun that's the main thing, keep at it dude you'll be flying all over the place soon,

and ACTION...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you got it sorted and you had fun that's the main thing, keep at it dude you'll be flying all over the place soon,

thanks Kev, ive got some good videos to follow that first one....im super happy here man...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Tony, head speed sounded so much better, nice job fella.

Yes the headspeed isn't scary now...lol. Got the stock motor and pinion on now, running at 0,40,65,65,65 throttle now
Thanks Kev

- - - Updated - - -

i strapped my Mobius on the underside of the heli for some FPV shots, but the video is inverted, anyone know how to turn it 180 degrees?? This question is in the HD video forum...

Last edited:

Lee

Looking good Tony,
Once you got it up out of the ground effect, the bobbing disappeared.

EyeStation

I think he had ground effect and also getting a bit of transitional from the wind. Seems the D/R Expo can me tamed down a bit too by the way it was rocking to the stick movements.
But way better than what we have seen in the past.

wolfman76

Upload it to yoube then click the upload button again then click the edit vireo button you should see 2 buttons you can click to rotate it right or left till it is the way you want it I had to do this with my 500 video I just uploaded it was sideways for some reason... once you have it the way you want it click the blue publish button and just wait for it to finish processing this may take a little bit depending on the size once it is done just go into video manager click the original video click the actions button at top and delete it and you are done...

Admiral

Well done Tony, a bit of fine tuning to do but it works and stays together now.
What year is the MX5?

Ah, that looked to easy. Clip that gyro off that thing and get some sweat on! lol
Good Job Tony.

do you know Dave, i was thinking the same thing....lol, easy this... cant believe really how easy it is after the FB version... there was times in the field i actually left go of the Cyclic and it just drifted in the breeze but held perfectly horizontal...

so i obviously thought lets bypass that Gyro!!!!!! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one Tony:)

thanks Graham

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good Tony,
Once you got it up out of the ground effect, the bobbing disappeared.

yes it did Lee, when you see the flights in the field its MUCH more stable

thanks Lee

- - - Updated - - -

thanks everyone, i appreciate your support here.... yes ill adjust those DR/Expo settings tomorrow and see if i can calm it down now.....

and yes the sticks were a bit jumpy man, i was shaking, and excited.. yet AGAIN.....

this flying takes over your life man... haha

hey Keith, the MX5 is nearly 20 years old, ill publish another video of the maiden flight taken from the ipad by the Mrs, you will get a full view of the MX5

flying in the field today after my carpark maiden...

my FIRST pirouettes today..

sorry about shaky video, its the Mrs you know....lol

Lee

That looks pretty rock solid mate :)
I use to have an MX5 California edition, 20 years ago.

That looks pretty rock solid mate :)
I use to have an MX5 California edition, 20 years ago.

its looking good Lee Thanks, im so pleased i have a heli with some stabilisation man...

im busy uploading a Vid with a better view of the Mazda, youll see it soon.... got the softop down today

- - - Updated - - -

this video is another view of the Maiden flight, i wasnt going to publish this one but the MX5 is of interest...lol

Derek

That's really fantastic, Tony! Well done! I'm really happy for you. Just think....a few weeks ago, your helicopter was darting off and chopping shrubbery....now it's a quite tame machine. Outstanding!!!

That's really fantastic, Tony! Well done! I'm really happy for you. Just think....a few weeks ago, your helicopter was darting off and chopping shrubbery....now it's a quite tame machine. Outstanding!!!

Thanks Derek, yeah I'm so chuffed, I'll be out again in the morning.... Lol, going to try my Möbius and head strap...

I'm busy doing an FPV vid now, that's to Tony for helping me to invert it..my Möbius was strapped to the undercarriage on these flights in the field... Got a lot of vibes tho from the heli I need to sort out..

Gonna test in iu1 and iu2 next normal mode seems solid

OMG Kyle..... Haha, that is really scary man IU already.... Think I might hold on that for a few weeks mate, I know it's suppose to steady the heli even more, read that in one of Tonys posts.... BUT..... Haha

Top Bottom