600 Thunder tiger raptor 30 nitro Has arrived

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Its the magnetic kind that needs a magnet installed on the clutch. if you get that, you will have to tear down the engine to the clutch, install the magnet, check the clutch balance, and then mount everything back up..

The one we have been discussing here is the "Blackpplate" sensor. It uses the crank shaft pin to count the rpm using magnet field.. so all it needs is to take two screws out of the engine blackplate and installing the backplate sensor on there with those two screws. I used both.

Right now I am usiong the first one (magnet on clutch) but my Vibe came with magnet wells very well placed on the clutch so I didnt have to tear it apart.. Raptor doesnt have that.. SO i suggest, for simplicity and peice of mind, you would be great using the BACLPLATE one. If you cant find the one with the Servo type connector, then just cut that connector out of this one and just solder the servo type conenctor. .Isnt that hard :)

- - - Updated - - -

PLus that sensor is not built. You would have had to get the carbon mounts for that and build a sensor so it could me mounted.. THats just the electronic part.. :)

Tony

Staff member
Yes, there was fuel in the piezo tweeter making it quiet, but what worries me is the corrosion that was on the electronics. There was only 2 small wires holding the whole harness on the board so needless, I had to take it apart. When I did, I saw the corrosion and decided that the corrosion, plus missing eyelet, plus weak wires equals toss it in the trash and get a 2in1. Nothing is happening with it anyway so I have time... Sorry to thread jack, just had to answer that post.

Adam

thread jack is all good around here lol in noticing one thing there is no such thing as a cheap or good deal project lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
thread jack is all good around here lol in noticing one thing there is no such thing as a cheap or good deal project lol

Well... The thing is when we snag a deal, the expenditure doesn't stop there lol.. After that even, we have to keep getting stuff to build it like we like it and then make sure all bases are covered before we fly. I got that 700 deal, have spent approximately 600 on it with small things here and there and counting.. Lol

When we say good deal in my case for example.. Within a 1000 ill have a flying 700 e.. Compared to Just the frame and blades new for 999.99 :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Adam

Ok man i am tired long week. Finally some time to relax and build something. Can we build it oops sorry bob the builder was in the background Hahahaha so here is the goodies i have received and finally gonna put in my bird.
20130209_151135.jpg
Battery of course need to do some sottering again on two batts, EBEC to deans
20130209_151015.jpg
RX that Gaba says will work with this setup and i know it will
20130209_150713.jpg
4 DS615 and 1 DS655 and one blue metal arm which i will use on throttle any input on this idea helpful guys
20130209_151254.jpg20130209_151329.jpg
and the multigov pro w sesnsor. Now my ideas gaba are to put this sensor like it is in a backplate bracket and make sure systems are all go before just ordering a bracket otherwise i will order the sensor and bracket if it doesn't test out.
So looks like I have some fun ahead of me guys.

20130209_151135.jpg

20130209_151015.jpg

20130209_150713.jpg

20130209_151254.jpg

20130209_151329.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It all looks great...

Just one thing. There is a hardware difference between the normal sensor that installs on the clutch and the backplate.

Your backplate sensor is a magnet built in the sensor so it picks up the crankshaft pin going around as the cam isn't magnetic.

While the sensor that installs for the clutch (one needs to be bent at 90 degrees... That's where the sensing part sits ..) and second needs a magnet .. So if you install it on your backplate it won't have a magnet to get the polarity of a magnet from to actually read anything.

So only one way you can go is that "build " a sensor using the carbon fibre mount and install magents on the clutch. If not you'll have to get another actual backplate sensor. :)

If you wanna check, try to bring that sensor on the backplate, turn on your multigov and see in sensor test if you read anything. :) and then try with a magnet (fridge magnet or something) :)

Edit:: fixed name (cam shaft) to (crankshaft) :)...

AND .. That sensor that you have also only has sensitivity towards one pole on the magnet (N or S).. If you end up using it , you'll have to make sure either install two magnets with one with N up and one with S up at the opposite end of the diameter, or make sure what it needs, and make sure that face of magnet is "up".

So there is one side of the sensor that's the actual sensor .. And there is one polarity it likes. Be careful of both :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Correction on Gaba's post, the sensor picks up the crank pin on the crankshaft. these engines dont' have a camshaft. If they did, they would sound SOOOO much better lmao. 4 stroke FTW!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Correction on Gaba's post, the sensor picks up the crank pin on the crankshaft. these engines dont' have a camshaft. If they did, they would sound SOOOO much better lmao. 4 stroke FTW!!!

Thanks for that!! :) I knew that wasn't it.... but I wanted to complete the post hahah!!

Adam

Ok so i will order the one we posted in a past post just had to double check cause you can just order the bracket or the combo and if this was the right electric sensor well i would have just got the bracket no biggie lol. So i got all the servos installed and the wires ran the way that i think they should go but that all could change. This thing is gonna be a fun learning curve to setup but in the end it will be perfect.
20130209_211302.jpg20130209_211421.jpg20130209_211600.jpg
This would be one of the most things i have researched and took my time on so far. Cant wait til spring
All i need is to complete setup order the sensor which i am doing right after this post spare glow plugs and 20% Torco heli fuel.

20130209_211302.jpg

20130209_211421.jpg

20130209_211600.jpg

Tony

Staff member
This is coming down to the wire. Who will be in the air first... The 600NSP is getting closer by the minute. I already have the balls for the swash in the mail, and I'm thinking about buying the backplate sensor so that I can have a sensor for the 3GX and a sensor for the DX8 to read the rpm.

Adam

Just ordered the sensor and spare #8 os plugs. All i need is fuel if you wanna race i will crash mine first hahaha. Im taking my time on this one.

Tony

Staff member
Taking your time? I'm trying to take my time but the heli is forcing me to take more time lmao. Just don't do like I did and start it in the garage because it's wicked cold outside with the door cracked open. The smoke doesnt' go out the door lmao. It's not as bad as the nitro fuel you are using in the T-Maxx, but it's still pretty bad. That stuff in the truck will burn much worse than heli fuel.

Adam

Oh this thing wont be started til i am at the club field with nitro guys around me lol. With all the top end electronics i put in this thing i sure didnt cut any corners

Top Bottom