600 Thunder tiger raptor 30 nitro Has arrived

Adam

Ok so i finally got the funds together to get this bird in my possession lol. Man this thing is enormous.
20130113_120627.jpg20130113_121453.jpg20130113_122304.jpg20130113_122517.jpg
Here is video of what i all got for around 500
[video=youtube_share;6m5c5WqUq_8]http://youtu.be/6m5c5WqUq_8[/video]
Now like i said this is an mccpm bird so there is two setups for the build beginner and intermediate to expert. For the beginner part it only gives you -2 to +12 pitch in the intermediate setup it will allow -8 to +12. Question is i can put it in the intermediate positions and just change my pitch curve like im used to correct. And gaba the throttle curves the instruction book suggest is
0 30 50 75 100
100 85 60 85 100 Idle up

20130113_120627.jpg

20130113_121453.jpg

20130113_122304.jpg

20130113_122517.jpg

wolfman76

great deal adam personally is my bird of choice too when i make my jump into the world of nitro helisbut i am thinking maybe a 50 size but for the price WOW!!! great deal man...

Adam

oh I know I kid you not I never thought I would have one. the guy I bought it from gave me everything I needed for this and other nitro things lol. I felt like it was armed robbery. he will be with me for the maiden but I am more familiar with helis then them and they know nitro better than me so it will be a great day

murankar

Staff member
yep, that is one big bird. I just had a thought about checking the 50 70 sizes just for s and gs. Good luck with the completion of the build and maiden.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nice bird!!! Yes they are much bigger than the 450 bro... :)

Ok as far as the throttle curve... Are you planning on using a governor on this?

The manual suggestions are good. But if you are not gonna use the governor , and not gonna tach to head speed, safe to say that keep the mid point at 60.. And then yes you can play with the values to even make it a good V curve for throttle .
And for the normal mode curve you need to bring the second point up to 40..

So making your throttle curve in normal mode 0-40-60-80-100 ...

I would be careful of the "100" mark on the throttle... As that can be too much headspeed for the heli's head and blades ..

What blades are you using ? Can I see the pic of your head yoke and main grips up close? :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Stokke, I'm pretty sure it's a 500 size heli, so it will use 425mm or so. I never understood that, 450's use 325's, 500's use 425's, but 600's use 600's, and 700's use 700's. Maybe they should redo the helis to set the blade sizes to the heli size :chuckles:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah it's a 500 size nitro..

500size-550Size :: .30 nitro 425~450 mm blades or 55mm size blades.. depending on the bird :)
600size :: .50 nitro 600~620mm even 635 with stretch
700size:: .90 nitro 700~710mm I think

:)

Last edited:

Adam

no I have an dx6 and I don't even know how I'm gonna get everything wired yet lol. the placement for the ebec and rx. and there is two wires coming off the bec so I guess I need a 8ch rx.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dont let people fool you. :D heehee... jk!
But 8 channel or 7 channel is NOT REQUIRED if you use something like Muligov pro.. I used my dx6i with my nitro and ran governor on it..

Recommend getting that. You will never even n have to use a tachometer on it. Its so awesome! So get multigov pro.. people selling these thigns for 55 bucks with programmer (which is a must).. and that governor runs with 6 channel radio :)

being new at this.. I highly recommend it.. esp I see that you are fully plastic head.. and at this size.. you really wanna make sure what head speed your blades are spinnig..

What kind of blades you got ? Carbon ? Glass? Wooden?

- - - Updated - - -

And dont worry about wiring.. Its all the same as the electric heli.. just add a throttle servo in place of an esc.. and if you have governor.. the throttle servo hooks in that.. and governor hooks to the throttle channel . :) If you can wire a 450. you can wire a 600 .. electroc or nitro doesnt matter..

things that a different.. We can guide you with those :)

Adam

haha ya I know its just the placement of things. and will I be able to use a 3c 2200 on this heli as far as weight wise

- - - Updated - - -

carbon I showed them in the vid and threw away the wood ones lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Why do you wanna use the 3S 2200 lipo on it? thats too much weight.. all you need for electronics is 2S Lipo through a BEC or a Life 2S straight to the RX..

I run 2S to power my 600 and my 700 .. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Now that's too low. Lol :D you'll barely get through one flight on that thing.

1900 or higher is the recommended mah... :)

Gets you at least through 2 flights per rx pack . :) plus some idle time and setup time and all :)

Top Bottom