The best heli anyone could put together

wolfman76

Mine would be a large scale Chinook heli turbine powered with all the bells and whistles.. maybe the experimental chinook they have at fort rucker army base it is almost three times the size of the standard Chinook and on stilts. ...

murankar

Staff member
A while ago i mentioned building a 450 sized Chinook. Yes that would be a nice kit to have.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
If its taking you that long then you must be charging at a 1c rate. See if you can charge your packs at a higher c rating. Something like 5c max. If so then charging one 3s 2200 pack at 4.2 amps will be safe and will speed things up a bit.

If its taking you that long then you must be charging at a 1c rate. See if you can charge your packs at a higher c rating. Something like 5c max. If so then charging one 3s 2200 pack at 4.2 amps will be safe and will speed things up a bit.

Yes I must increase the charge rate, my charger can handle 5 amps, and I use a PSU off a PC, think that's about 30amp at 12 volt... Does it not reduce battery life charging at much higher C?

Lee

Yes I must increase the charge rate, my charger can handle 5 amps, and I use a PSU off a PC, think that's about 30amp at 12 volt... Does it not reduce battery life charging at much higher C?

Just depends on the quality of the pack.
My Gens Ace and Revolectrix pack are rated to 5C. I will charge them at 3C with no worries.
If you are in no hurry, then charge them at 1C.

Not in any hurry Lee, I like to get out once a day (weather permitting), I have 6 x 3s lipos (2200mHr) probably need replacing soon, the charger reads average 1.9 amps stored on each. I'm deviating away from the original thread idea.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have been drooling on goblin gas for a while now. 20+ minutes of flight times and tons of power for fraction of the cost of any nitro or electric .. That'll be my perfect setup. Almost no downtime at all with an onboard gen to never have to charge the rx pack again and just FLY

Leviathan is actually working on a 570 goblin gas design. That should be a more power to size ratio monster. Lets c

I have something in the pipeline this year that'll be a precursor to my goblin dream . That'll be my step into gas. I will post more when I find out if it's going down or not . But a gas heli 600-700 size is my dream of a perfect setup

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Why don't you just change your Whiplash to Gas?

I love the nitro power in it! It's insane!

Gas engine conversiom and the engine setup will be quite a big investment in a heli that has no love supply . So I am keeping it as nitro now and just flying it. I am extremely happy with my 91hzr 3D on new hitori muffler I just got

so you'll see what might go down very soon!! :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok. I pulled the plug on a gasser I now have coming in the mail, my first gasser heli. Not a goblin but something that'll help me work up to it :)

More in 700+ size helis thread :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahaha Bergen is daddy of helis. I can't afford those not find parts for them . But check out the 700+ helis forum

wolfman76

I have a guy I met off youtube that has a bergen gasser he said it is usually bout 2000 everytime it crashes.... he told me it is the type of heli they used to film parts of the first Spider-Man

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have a guy I met off youtube that has a bergen gasser he said it is usually bout 2000 everytime it crashes.... he told me it is the type of heli they used to film parts of the first Spider-Man

Yeah Bergen is an extremely balanced vibe free camera ship. And I believe you!! Although it'll be interesting to find out which ones.

2000 a crash..? Wow! Never owning that heli lol

Top Bottom