The best heli anyone could put together

Derek

Hmmm, here is another option of a "dream heli" for myself. I'd love to have an SAB Goblin 770 Competition Series and of course all the great and exceptional electronics. I just love the look of the big Goblins....

Hmmm, here is another option of a "dream heli" for myself. I'd love to have an SAB Goblin 770 Competition Series and of course all the great and exceptional electronics. I just love the look of the big Goblins....

You got my vote there Derek, I love the goblins, bigger the better, they are so sleek

Lee

Basically if money was no object, I'd have every new heli that comes out, and keep the ones i like and give the rest away to friends :D

For those of you that love the Logo Extremes, here is one of the best videos out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
I have a couple years under my belt. I really like MS Heli kits and when they finally released the Max I was on it.

do to a disaster with my MS Heli Protos Mini I switched t i Gaui. In doing some research for a new kit and after talking with a Synergy field rep I found the 550. Matt and Amy Botos have a really great heli line going on.

As of today I have a flying Gaui with a cheap gyro and TX, everything else on the kit is mid to top shelf quality.

Before i jump to another kit I need a new battery charger and radio. Once thats done I will be looking at an Gaui X5. This may take a few years but thats the plan.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Basically if money was no object, I'd have every new heli that comes out, and keep the ones i like and give the rest away to friends :D

For those of you that love the Logo Extremes, here is one of the best videos out there.

Wow Lee, that is absolutely awesome, the bird, the camera work, the pilot....

- - - Updated - - -

I have a couple years under my belt. I really like MS Heli kits and when they finally released the Max I was on it.

do to a disaster with my MS Heli Protos Mini I switched t i Gaui. In doing some research for a new kit and after talking with a Synergy field rep I found the 550. Matt and Amy Botos have a really great heli line going on.

As of today I have a flying Gaui with a cheap gyro and TX, everything else on the kit is mid to top shelf quality.

Before i jump to another kit I need a new battery charger and radio. Once thats done I will be looking at an Gaui X5. This may take a few years but thats the plan.

The good thing about this thread now is the research is done by all your comments, if yous say it's good then it's good, I've looked at loads of kit through this thread, it's awesome, definitely a wish list for me too..

I hope you get what you want

Happy flying, and thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
I guess for me its not about "if money was not an issues", for me its more about what i would feel comfortable in buying. I have been looking at everything from the Gaui X2 super combo all they way up to a Protos Max. If i were to be given 10 grand as my budget i would spend at least a grand would be spent on a battery charger kit. This one thing is over looked by most newbies in the hobby. We all say, its good enough for now; and then live with some $40 50 watt charger that cant handle a 4S pack at 4 amps. With the bigger kits you need bigger packs are needed which almost doubles your charge time.

So your looking for a kit and it sounds like budget may not be of issue. If thats the case then here is what i would suggest:

Kit:
Gobby 670
Gaui X7 or NX7
Synergy 7 or N7
KDS 6 or 7.2

All of those kits are high quality. Your repair costs are going to vary greatly with Goblin and Synergy being at the top.

Esc:
Scorpion 140-160 amp
Castle Phoenix 140-160 amp
Kontronic 140-160 amp

Servos:
MKS
RJx
Burt Kammerer

Gyro:
B. D.
IKon
Skookum 520 or 720 for the banks

TX/Rx
Specktrum
Futaba
JR
HiTech Aurora 9X
(Pick whats comfortable for you )

Batteries:
Gens Ace
Pulse
Glacier

Now if you go nitro i would or decide to use an external BEC get some kind of back up guard. Also ensure you use HV servos, much better performance and a lot more flexible on rx power source.

rotary174

The best anyone can put together....good one Blackwarrier. If that "anyone" was me....I'd probably have a heart attack trying to process all the possibilities....and I know nothing beyond Blade, Align and HobbyKing. To me Trex is a rolls Royce....because I just don't know. But ask me 6 months from now. lol Gary

Hey Murankar, that's some list, I've googled some of that stuff, goblin still the top of the list for me.

In fact if I has an endless supply of cash I'd buy the whole range of goblins with all the best electronics in money can buy, but I wouldn't want to build them, pay someone to do that, I wouldn't have time. Probably be camping in a field somewhere with all my helis in a van... I'd hire the field off a farmer for a few weeks..

Then when I got sick of those.....hmmmmm IF I did, or maybe I should say, when I broke them all....lol I'd be looking for something like that airwolf Lee put on here the other day.... Awesome....

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Gary, noooooo you wouldn't have a heart attack man.....I'll ask you in 6 months.... Haha...... Hope you've got some of those birds in the sky now, any videos yet??

Happy flying guys and gals

- - - Updated - - -

Murankar, you know your stuff mind, googled some of those ESC's, wow, the Gaui x7 looks brilliant....

murankar

Staff member
I have grown to like Gaui a lot. I saw my first one almost 2 years ago at the areo fyn fly in grapevine Texas. Since then i have been liking them more and more. The first air frame i saw was the NX5. It was just way to cool.

As for my selections go, i listen to rc heli nation (rchn ) every week. They have done some product reviews and shoot outs. Almost every piece of kit has been reviewed by them.

One thing i forgot is the charging solution. That would be the pl8 in a progressive rc charging case with power supplies.

murankar

Staff member
Everything up to 6S without issue and with very little down time.

murankar

Staff member
I have the thunder ac6b and i am tired of the 45+ minutes of charge time. I want my packs in 20 minutes.

Slobberdog

It takes me 40 mins per charge cycle on my Icharger 3010b, whether I charge my 3s or 6s, and it's fine for me, oh did I mention that's 4 packs in one go, lol

murankar

Staff member
I want to say something but its the public area. Must be nice to charge so many packs at one time.

Lee

A bit of charger envy there Matthias :D LOL
I can charge my two 6S 3300s and 4 6S 1400s in 20mins :chickendance:

Derek

Six 6S packs in 20 minutes???? Dude!!! We need to talk!!! I'm getting very tired of charging my packs at 1 hour each.

I'm so behind.

Top Bottom