The best heli anyone could put together

Hi all

I'm posting this just for fun really, maybe a wish list, something we dream of or actually own..

I'm just a novice pilot, but I'd like to know what pilots of all ranking would think is the best that could be made, like the best servos, best ESC, BECs, frame, size of heli, motors, blades etc etc

Basically if money wasn't an issue what's the best heli with the best parts on it

Should we limit it to an 800 ish size..

Hope this is an ok thread, only been a member on this awesome forum a few days, but I'm addicted to it...lol

Lee

It will depend on what you want to use it for.
3D heli, Speed heli, Scale heli, are all going to give you different results.
3D, I would go for a Goblin 770, or a Logo 800, with Kontronic electronics
Speed, I would like a TDS ( frame alone is $5000) or a Banshee (only 50 made)
Scale, My friend has a scale Airwolf Turbine Heli worth $31,000 (pictures in the Scale forum)

Hi Lee, it's open to opinions, just a fun thread, the title should have been " the ultimate super copter" or something..

Wow, $5000 for a frame. I'll be googling some of these to see what they are... TDS. No idea, but I'll find out..

Thanks for comments

Omg it just dived into the deck, awesome speed though, Those pictures of the TDR look amazing, such precision, it must take months to build that.. I'm happy with my 450 at mo....lol

Thanks for those Lee

stokke

I love your idea!

Avant Mostro
Kontronik Pyro motor
Kontronik ESC
MKS Servos
Pulse batteries
Radixx blades
Bavarian Demon 3SX

I'd have to win some sort of lottery to be able to buy this list LOL

I love your idea!

Avant Mostro
Kontronik Pyro motor
Kontronik ESC
MKS Servos
Pulse batteries
Radixx blades
Bavarian Demon 3SX

I'd have to win some sort of lottery to be able to buy this list LOL

Thanks Stokke, I'm going to google all these

I'm hoping to learn loads from people about different helis, parts etc

Have you watched that TDR Lee posted, wow, awesome, what a shame it crashed

Happy flying

- - - Updated - - -

It will depend on what you want to use it for.
3D heli, Speed heli, Scale heli, are all going to give you different results.
3D, I would go for a Goblin 770, or a Logo 800, with Kontronic electronics
Speed, I would like a TDS ( frame alone is $5000) or a Banshee (only 50 made)
Scale, My friend has a scale Airwolf Turbine Heli worth $31,000 (pictures in the Scale forum)

Just watched the logo 800 on YouTube, the pilot was doing some smooth 3d, then whilst inverted increased head speed and just went totally wild with 3d, awesome machine, could only find the banshee 700, that's another awesome heli.. I'll keep looking for the scale..

Just watched that video Derek, that is a huge beast, no inverted flights there then..lol, you could almost get in that one....

Couldn't fancy setting those blades up... Wow

Thanks for that

sarconastic

The ultimate Heli for me would be a guy coming up to me and saying here is a heli, you fly it. I will pay for any repairs/or upgrades it needs for the next year. Yeah yeah yeah!!! With my luck it would be a SYMA 107 but that's ok too.

I don't care what it is as far as the best of everything. I have never been able to afford those things. So I have learned to love every little eccentricity about everything I fly. drive, build or crash. Sometimes I get more enjoyment out of the build / figuring out how to make it work, than I do something that is truly RTF. That first rush after it really does what you have always known it was supposed to do is the most valuable moment in any of my flights/ of helis yet.

Woody

Derek

My Trex 600e Pro DFC with Ikon was free. I haven't even flown it yet and I love having it, lol. I am very grateful to the person that gave it to me.

Here is the thread of my friends $30,000 Airwolf Turbine.
Still haven't seen it flying yet :(

Full Scale Airwolf Turbine.

Now that's the ULTIMATE super heli, brilliant, unbelievable, I'd love to see that one in the air, any YouTube vids of it Lee

- - - Updated - - -

The ultimate Heli for me would be a guy coming up to me and saying here is a heli, you fly it. I will pay for any repairs/or upgrades it needs for the next year. Yeah yeah yeah!!! With my luck it would be a SYMA 107 but that's ok too.

I don't care what it is as far as the best of everything. I have never been able to afford those things. So I have learned to love every little eccentricity about everything I fly. drive, build or crash. Sometimes I get more enjoyment out of the build / figuring out how to make it work, than I do something that is truly RTF. That first rush after it really does what you have always known it was supposed to do is the most valuable moment in any of my flights/ of helis yet.

Woody

Hey Woody, what's wrong with the 107... Haha

Imagine you had plenty of cash Woody, that's the idea, but keep it RC...lol

Tell you what, I'm seeing some great helis and parts with this thread.. 172 Mph heli... Wow still can't believe that..

Slobberdog

I think I would go for the logo 800 extreme, with Kontronic esc and motor, MKS or bk servos and the demon to keep me on the straight and level.

Oh powered by Optipower

Derek

I posted earlier about a scale helicopter but if I was looking for sport or 3D...I'd be looking at what Stokke mentioned...that Avant Mostro or the Logo 800 XXtreme and all the special trimmings...Kontronic esc, pulse batteries, etc, etc.

I think I would go for the logo 800 extreme, with Kontronic esc and motor, MKS or bk servos and the demon to keep me on the straight and level.

Oh powered by Optipower

Just googled that Bavarian demon, wow spec is awesome, not that I understand it all yet, but I'm learning, seen a YouTube vid on that logo 800, very nice indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I posted earlier about a scale helicopter but if I was looking for sport or 3D...I'd be looking at what Stokke mentioned...that Avant Mostro or the Logo 800 XXtreme and all the special trimmings...Kontronic esc, pulse batteries, etc, etc.

Seen both of those helis, very thin aren't they, amazing really, and look very similar too...

murankar

Staff member
Okay I have an odd ball, not to say I wouldnt mind owning a unicorn; sorry monstro.

MS Heli Max 700/800 with the MS Heli stock motor and esc (motor is scorpion and esc is YGE). Servos would be a toss up between MKS ans BK. Gyro Skookum 720.

I would also love to have a Gaui X7 or the NX4 Gasser with Castle Phoenix ESC for the X7 servos and gyro still the same.

My TX would definatley be a Futuba T10J or T14SG.

Batteries would be a toss up between Gens Ace or Pulse Ultra.

Other kits and sizes would be Goblin 570 (YEah Lee yours), Guai X5 and maybe the NX5 with gasser mod, Gaui X2, MS Heli Protos Mini outfitted with stock 6S components (same as the MAX).

My last Choice is the Synergy 550, why because you can stretch it to 700 with any issues. Electrics would mimic the X7 with MKS or BK servos.

Run them all on a Futuba and same packs but I would either go Skookum 520 (red edition) or iKon.

Blades would be Rails for all.

I like to be different

Last edited:
Okay I have an odd ball, not to say I wouldnt mind owning a unicorn; sorry monstro.

MS Heli Max 700/800 with the MS Heli stock motor and esc (motor is scorpion and esc is YGE). Servos would be a toss up between MKS ans BK. Gyro Skookum 720.

I would also love to have a Gaui X7 or the NX4 Gasser with Castle Phoenix ESC for the X7 servos and gyro still the same.

My TX would definatley be a Futuba T10J or T14SG.

Batteries would be a toss up between Gens Ace or Pulse Ultra.

Other kits and sizes would be Goblin 570 (YEah Lee yours), Guai X5 and maybe the NX5 with gasser mod, Gaui X2, MS Heli Protos Mini outfitted with stock 6S components (same as the MAX).

My last Choice is the Synergy 550, why because you can stretch it to 700 with any issues. Electrics would mimic the X7 with MKS or BK servos.

Run them all on a Futuba and same packs but I would either go Skookum 520 (red edition) or iKon.

Blades would be Rails for all.

I like to be different

Wow, that is some spec, I'm going to google most of these as I've no idea what they are, you must have been in RC for some time to know all this stuff Murankar... Awesome

Top Bottom