Kits Telemaster Build

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Randy is right... Itll be helpful for noobs like me who come to the field.. At my field too, they have a couple if trainers that they own only for training purposes. It's just a good idea.. :)

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I'll get right on that... NOT. lol.

I did put some heat to it last night, but there is still a warp that won't come out of the elevator. I'm either going to have to strip the monokote off and start from scratch, or if that doesn't work, I will have to build a new one. But there is an issue, it's epoxied to the fuse. So, rebuilding it would be almost impossible. It was a fun build, just don't think it will ever see air.

RandyDSok

Hey, I'm always right, just ask me... LOL

Our club also has a trainer with a buddy box setup... it's just not at the field all of the time so sometimes it's nice to have others with a trainer that don't mind newbies flying them...

Randy

Tony

Staff member
On the club trainer, it needs new servos lmao. The throttle servo on that thing has to be slower than any servo I have ever seen. But, it's also one of the fastest trainers that I have ever seen too lol.

I may set it up for the new guys with a DX6i. I would be able to hook up to their Tx and help them out. If this one crashes, it wouldn't really matter. It's one of the cheapest kits there are, so not much to lose. I will think about this. If anyone wants to donate electronics for this plane, I will dedicate it to helping others. Everyone that donates to this plane will have their name or username put on the plane to show that this is a community plane.

I think I'm going to get a piece of carbon fiber rod and put it on the leading edge of the elevator to straighten it out. Should work.

RandyDSok

If you do go out to fly tomorrow... give me a ring or an email and I'll try to be there when you are... bring the Telemaster and I'll look at it... I'm not Louis, but I know a few tricks even if not a lot.

I was refering more to you being able to use the plane as your own or as a trainer for your own friends or others you were wanting to help where you were out flying... Not so much as a club trainer but that would also be cool.

If I've got any spare stuf I don't plan to use, you are welcome to it... without having to post an acknowledgement etc... If it is something I do plan on using later, then you can replace it as it is convienent like in the case with the servo arms... I do have plans for them but it will be a little while until I can since I'm too broke at the moment to get servos for the plane they are going into.

Randy

Tony

Staff member
Crap, I forgot all about those servo arms lol. I will get them ordered this weekend and should have them next week. And I don't mind letting someone fly this plane if people want to chip in to help get it in the air. It may be a great plane to teach those that want to get into flying. It would be cool to take it up, and let them have the controls for the first time in their life. We will just have to see how it all works out.

RandyDSok

Do not rush it on the servo arms... at the very best it will be a couple of weeks before I can do anything and then it will only be servo's or the ESC... but not both. So as I said, I'm in no hurry

Randy

Tony

Staff member
I need to order them so that I don't forget lol. Cause I will haha.

And I'm really liking the idea of building the plane just to help people learn to fly. This could be the electric public trainer lol.

talberter

WOW.Busy, busy, busy. Your gonna need all winter. Hope you have a place where you can lay out everything and work when you want to. To be able to pick up where you left off..

Tony

Staff member
Speaking of picking up where I left off, lets bring this dead thread back to life. New members that don't know the story of the RCH Telemaster, read from page 1. This has went up and down hill the whole time. I was going to order another kit, but guess what, you can only buy it through HobbyLobby now and not the manufacturer. Go figure. So I'm stuck with this one.

I am going to tear the monokote off the fuse and redo it. I tried to overlap it, but it turned out really bad. So it's time for plan B. Just rip it all off and redo it.

Thanks to RCD, I now have the motor, ESC, prop, and main wheels for this plane. Just need control horns, tail wheel, and servos to actually get it in the air. I'm going a little bigger than the spec'd 400 size motor, and putting a 450 size motor in it. I'm also putting a 450 sized motor in the RCH Trainer.

I thought about doing some cutting on the wing to install inset ailerons, but I think I'm just going to put some 1/16" sheet balsa on the trailing edge for aileron. It will be effective, but won't look the best. I just don't trust putting this much work in a plane to fly it with only the rudder. I like being able to fly "Bank-N-Yank" like I do with my other planes, so that's what I"m going to do. For the new pilots, I can always lock the ailerons in place, and plug the rudder into the aileron port.

So it's been quite a while since I updated this thread, but it's going to come alive again. I will have to put in a lot of work on this plane, and it will all pay off soon I hope. With the amount of lift this plane generates, it will have to be a pretty calm day to do the maiden. But I can't wait for that day.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the Telemaster, post up and let me know.

Tony

Staff member
Speaking of picking up where I left off, lets bring this dead thread back to life. New members that don't know the story of the RCH Telemaster, read from page 1. This has went up and down hill the whole time. I was going to order another kit, but guess what, you can only buy it through HobbyLobby now and not the manufacturer. Go figure. So I'm stuck with this one.

I am going to tear the monokote off the fuse and redo it. I tried to overlap it, but it turned out really bad. So it's time for plan B. Just rip it all off and redo it.

Thanks to RCD, I now have the motor, ESC, prop, and main wheels for this plane. Just need control horns, tail wheel, and servos to actually get it in the air. I'm going a little bigger than the spec'd 400 size motor, and putting a 450 size motor in it. I'm also putting a 450 sized motor in the RCH Trainer.

I thought about doing some cutting on the wing to install inset ailerons, but I think I'm just going to put some 1/16" sheet balsa on the trailing edge for aileron. It will be effective, but won't look the best. I just don't trust putting this much work in a plane to fly it with only the rudder. I like being able to fly "Bank-N-Yank" like I do with my other planes, so that's what I"m going to do. For the new pilots, I can always lock the ailerons in place, and plug the rudder into the aileron port.

So it's been quite a while since I updated this thread, but it's going to come alive again. I will have to put in a lot of work on this plane, and it will all pay off soon I hope. With the amount of lift this plane generates, it will have to be a pretty calm day to do the maiden. But I can't wait for that day.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the Telemaster, post up and let me know.

Tony

Staff member
I will cover it in monokote and everything. it just won't look like a factory telemaster. I'm thinking about ordering the wing with the ailerons in them just to make it easier.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I've never flown anything without ailerons but couple of guys in the club have those little champs with just rudder controlls. They seam to fly just fine! so whatever you decide to do will be great.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure it will do just fine with just rudder and elevator. but when you are landing, if you have any cross wind, you are in trouble. With ailerons, you can keep the wings level and steer with your rudder. Without ailerons, whne you give it rudder, you will bank the plane and could result in a wing tip hitting the runway or grass. If you hit the grass, it will more than likely tear a wing off lol. That would be my luck anyway. I may put the ailerons on and give it a shot with just rudder and elevator just to try it. It does have a lot of dihedral in it.

Tony

Staff member
Well as you can tell I have not done much to this plane. I have been so busy with the Align 450 Pro v2, RCH Trainer and my "secret" project that this plane has not moved. I did get the 450 motor mounted but I still need to get my wire for the controls. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do the ailerons and I want your opinion. Would you just put sheet wood off the stock wing, or would you cut up the wing and do the ailerons the correct way? I think doing them the correct way will look really good if I do the angles correctly. But I want your opinion.

I would really like to get this plane in the air, but it's seeming like it's going to take forever. I have pretty much every thing I need to complete it except the control wire, I just can't find the time. I do still need to rip off the covering and recover it. I'm thinking about ordering some transparent monokote rather than this opaque that I used before. I just think it's cool to see the wood that you have put all of this work into. Opinions?

Keep pressuring me and I will get this plane done. I could have used it today. My flight with my Edge Mini sucked. Looked like I had never flown a plane in my life lol. Post Up!

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I would just add wood to the wing. It makes covering it much easier! +1 for transparent covering!

Tony

Staff member
What do you mean it makes covering much easier? If I change to transparent monokote, I would have to recover it anyway. And all I would have to do is cut the angles into the wood, add some backing wood and install some hinges. Please explain.

Top Bottom