General tail rotors go to one side

Tony

Staff member
If the ESC is not getting hot, then don't worry about replacing it. Higher amp rated ESC's when it's not needed is just extra weight.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, Warm is prefectly fine. Its when you can't hold your hand or a finger to it for more than 5 seconds that you know it's too hot. lol

ok tont i have just set the d/rexpo to elev to 70 and +35 and the same for aile on 0 and 100 + 40 on idle up is that right m8

Tony

Staff member
Idle up shouldn't matter. click the wheel on your Tx to go into the menu and scroll down to 2. In there, you will see aileron, elevator and rudder. I would set position 0 on all 3 to 70% + 35%. You will have to make sure your switches, all 3, are in the 0 position. Then, flip all 3 switches to position 1, and set it to 100% + 40%. If you are learning, forget that the heli has an idle up function lmao. It will get you in a lot of trouble very quickly. If you have not watched it, watch the video below for my explination on DR and Expo for the DX6i.

Last edited:
hi mine all go to 1 on the gear/f mode on the left but the elev d/r/and theail d/r and the rudd d/r do nothing when switched

Tony

Staff member
There is 5 pages to this thread, and I'm too tired to search lmao. What radio are you running. I'm thinking it's the DX6i, but may be mistaken. Because the F Mode switch shouldn't do anything to the DR and Expo settings...

thanks for the link tony my controler was on fm in the d/r mix so i have changed it to rudd and now the gear switch is not switching them hope that id right. is the gear switch the idle up switch

Tony

Staff member
You must have extra options in yours if it's a DX6i than I do. Just another reason why I need to upgrade lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I knew they had DSMX out, but I didn't know they changed the menu. Thanks for letting me know about this. I wonder what else is different. And nope, I don't think anyone is an idiot, just unlearned lol. And it seems I'm that "one" now lmao.

have just fired up the heli with no blades on it and everything works brill switch the rudd and get a wee bit more switch it off and evry thing just a little bit tamer , switch the gear and it goes to idle up i have no tail wandering and very resposive. just need to go tidy up my wires hahahaha and the go and fly tommorrow. but still thinking of getting a bigger motor and a spare esc. would just like to thank you very very much for all your help and vids when i needed it the most you are a true gentleman and a good freind thanks again tony

Tony

Staff member
That's what we are here for bro. And I wouldn't worry about a bigger motor until you start getting into hardcore 3D. I can assure you this motor you have now will be plenty. If there is anything else we can help with, just post it up. We are almost always here :biggrin1:

Lee

If the Motor and ESC are ok now, then dont bother changing them. Save yer pennies for the next heli ;) Its bound to be sooner than you think. I bought my first heli, then two months later i had 7 !!!!!

lol well as it happens my wife got me a 3.5 ch sky king for xmas but that was rubbish so i sold it on ebay, then i bought myself a wee carson tyrann coax got used to that in side and outside when there was no wind lol, got bored with that then got the ninja 400 all within 3 weeks lmao. and lee thanks for you help m8

Top Bottom