General tail rotors go to one side

Tony

Staff member
If it's just beeping, it sounds like your throttle is reversed. unplug the heli, reverse the throttle, hold the head of the heli while you plug it back in.

Make sure the stick is all the way down when you plug in the heli before you reverse it. It has to be all the way down for it to initialize properly.

Tony

Staff member
My bad, was fighting a massive headache when I posted that and had to get off teh computer lol.

First and foremost, make sure your throttle stick is all the way down, and try plugging in the heli again. If it's still beeping, then I assume it's reversed. Go into your Menu by clicking the scroll wheel and scroll all the way down to Setup List. Click the scroll wheel (always click on the top of the wheel, never push on the bottom). In the Setup list, scroll to #4, Reverse. Click the wheel again. In there, scroll once to the right, that is the THRO-N. N is normal and R is reverse. Change that to reverse.

Now, scroll up and click List at the top right of the screen. scroll the wheel left and click on main at the top right of the Tx display. This will take you back to the home screen. Grab your helicopter, put one hand on teh rotor head. This is incase it tries to spool up. It's better to have a stripped gear than a busted wrist or computer screen. Plug in the heli. If its trying to spin the blades, unplug the battery. If the torque is quite weak, then before you unplug it, raise the throttle stick a little. If the power goes up in your hand, then your direction is correct. If it gets lighter and stops the torque all together, then R is not correct and you need to go back to N. If you are in the correct direction let me konw if you still ahve torque on the head at low stick. You need to reset yoru endpoints.

To reset your endpoints, you will turn on your Tx, and raise your throttle all the way up. (do this after you have the correct direction on teh stick movement). Plug in the heli, and wait for two beeps. Once you hear the two beeps, lower the throttle stick all the way. The ESC should initialize like normal, and you are all set.

Let me know if this helps.

Tony

Staff member
And no worries bro, not a pain at all. I had all of these questions when I started as well. I just couldn't find the help and had to learn myself through trial and error lol. Hence why I now own and run this forum. Ask anything and everything you want, that is what I'm here for.

right i have reversed it and not bleepin all the time now but still noe spool up. so i tryed the endpoints and when the tx is all the way up throttle it just beeps like before lol

got it i had to swap the black and the yellow motor wires round so motor spins up the right way hope this is right lol right i am going to ma bed as its 2 in the mornin work at 6 lol thanks tony

Tony

Staff member
To reverse the direction of the motor, you just swap any 2 of the 3 motor wired. Glad you got it sorted out. Let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

right got up this morning spooled up the heli everything ok then, on 60% throttle the motor stoped now when i throttle up the motor just jerks very slowly what can be wrong now

Tony

Staff member
Hm, I'm wondering if the ESC is not going out on you. that was my first thought when I read your comment. Have you tried resetting the endpoints in the ESC again? I would give that a go, and if that doesn't work, maybe purchase another ESC and try it if your friends don't have one to borrow. At this time of night, that is about the only thoughts that are in my head lol. It's pretty late here.

Lee

Davie, if the ESC is just beeping at you its normally because its not calibrated. Its trying to find the low throttle point but can't. I have had one of these ESCs on my plane.
Try this. Go back to your original settings when it started to beep at you. Then once you have it like that. Try this.
Blades off
1) put throttle stick to high.
2) plug in battery
3) After first series of beeps (before it just keeps beeping) lower the throttle stick.
4) If this doesnt work, try it again with the throttle trim tab all the way to the bottom.

If none of this works. Then as Tony said it could be something wrong with the ESC, from something as simple as bad solder joints on connectors from battery to ESC or ESC to motor. Or something more terminal.
You could try returning it to the original radio to test if its still working. Then we'll know if its the esc or radio settings.

Tony

Staff member
Over there, I'm not sure, but anything Align will work great on that heli. I have always run the Alpha 400 motor and 40a Proton ESC from hobbypartz.com.

Lee

We know the KV is 4500 but the weight will help me to find a good motor for ya. Does it say on the motor?

sorry it took me a wee while to reply but i was watchin football the mighty celtic the good new is that i have looked at the heli and fixed the prob, it was a broken wire from ESC to motor thank god for that...... but i think i will get a bigger amp ESC what ampage do you recommend and what KV and i say it again thanks for your support again

Tony

Staff member
In your dual rate and expo menu, you want to set low throws (usually position 0) to 70%DR & +35% Expo. On full or high rate (position 1), you want 100%DR and +40 Expo or more. This will tame the sticks down just a touch.

Top Bottom