General tail rotors go to one side

Hi everyone again got another prob i have set up my heli and everything bar the tail is working proper when set up in the middle of tail shaft then take it for a test the rotors go to full right then i have to reset it and then it goes to full left its a skyartec ninja 400 dont know what to do. I watched tonys vid about settin it up dont know what i have done wrong, I disconected the gyro and pluged the servo straight to the tx so could central the tail then pluged the gyro back in and it keeps doing it dont under stand lmao:grief:

Tony

Staff member
This is common with heading hold gyros. What it's doing is trying to move to a particular heading, but without the blades spinning, it can't do it. This is not something to worry about. Just spool up the heli slowly and use the rudder to point the tail towards you like normal. It should be fine.

thanks tony but when i spool it up the heli just goes round and round i need to give alot of opposite stick all the time

Tony

Staff member
Being reversed would be my next guess as mentioned above. I don't know the helicopter you are talking about, so I can give details of how things should move. If you can post a link to the heli, I can try and get a better idea of what you are working with.

Lee

Davie, When you move the stick to one side then back to centre, does the servo creep over to one side?

Lee

Ok then you can trim the creep out. Are you using the DX6I yet or still the old Radio. Which ever you use, goto the Subtrim menu. See which way the servo is moving and add or subtract subtrim unti it stops moving to one side. Too much subtrim and it will start to creep the other way. Just need to experiment. this might help or it might not, but worth a try.

Lee

So we are both waiting on new radios from Spektrum. But mine will arrive 10days after yours :(

help cant get heli to spin up after changing to dx6i and an AR6120 rx connect battery starts tune then just bleep at me everything else works apart from the spool up

Top Bottom