450 Tail Bobbing A Bit...?

Tony

Staff member
Awesome story bro! Crap like that definitely doesn't happen now days. It's a sad reality really.

But I do get the whole flybar thing now though. And I will still suggest flybarless if you start flying harder lol. Hell I still have this little flybar helicopter sitting behind me that I need to put in the air again. I love that little thing. But when it comes to something with power, FBL is where it's at. Either way, flying is flying. That's the way I see it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I always been a fan of DFC heads my self. I don't why. Maybe the quick response or 2 less linkage to mess with but I like it. Even my 450 coastguard scale heli has a DFC in it too too lol.

Rob Lancaster

Yes sr.! The FBL system will be another great learning experience for sure.
Now that head reminds me of my all time favorite chopper! The famed Hughes or as she's known now as, the MD500D...………

I've seen that babee in action many times up in the valley. The 500D was the pick of the pilots when it came to maintenance of the old Omega Navigation Station's antenna system. The antenna was 2700 feet high and about a mile and a half long. You talk about a high wire act! The circus got nothing on this!!

The picture below is a frame I took from an episode of Magnum P.I. that was filmed up there. The episode's name is J. Digger Doyle... I was on the valley floor and watched all the action. It took all morning to get just seconds of film. The platform Steve Cux (pilot) is landed on is an old antenna mount from WW2...….. Note the tip of the right skid is hanging over a 1700 foot cliff. I'll bet the left skid is hanging half off the mountain as well. This is part of the famed Stairway to Heaven. I've been to this platform sixteen times; there ain't no room to land right there! They must have removed the hand railings from the stairway to accommodate the rotor blades of the chopper.

One of these days me and a couple of my brothers are going to charter a 500D for an hour and go cruising around the island; doors off of course... I'm finally going to get my meat hooks on that sexy little turbine babee...

Hey D. O. G, can you send me some pictures of your Coast Guard chopper?
Over here the Coast Guard flies the MH-65 Dolphin. The one with the scream'n inducted tail fan. A French design to be sure.

Thanks guys!!!

Attachments

• Landing.jpg
    Landing.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 2

Rob Lancaster

Nice bird or birds; if you will.
I freaked out a bunch of wild chickens that live around here once with my 450.
They don't mind me but,,, one time I walked out with 450 and set it on the ground. They were, and I mean about 14 of them, fixated on the chopper. They didn't quite know what to make of that thing. Suddenly it starts to rotate, the chickens instantly are stretched necked and staring at this strange thing that is now beginning to lift off.

There's no other way to describe what happens next, except; they panicked! They flew not ran! Ever see a chicken fly?? Trust me, they don't do it well at all.. My brother says, what the ___ was that? why did they do that?.. I figure they thought the chopper was some sort of cycloptic chicken hawk or something, ha! Still I love those dummies. They really help control the centipede population.

Again thanks for the pictures and see you on the flight line...….

Hey that reminds me...
Tony, can you send me pictures of your aircraft inventory? I'd love to see your action too..

Cyclone 7

Further to my comment about Tarot-RC.com's excellent service, above. Have just received an eight part order which I placed with them on 28/06. Yet again, really well packaged and undamaged(blades were part of the order), all exactly as ordered and all at unbeatable prices. Standard air parcel post - so delivery time is very good indeed.

I am in no way connected to them btw! - just a very happy customer who believes in giving credit where credit is due; especially as I recommended them earlier, based on previous experience.

Top Bottom