450 T-Rex 450L Dominater 6S

benram

So now it's ready to fly! First try tomorrow. Pretty nervous about it :D

Can't thank you guys enough! I will post some pics again tomorrow. Let's hope the heli gets back in one peace :p

image.jpeg

I got my 500 landing skid today. Looks cool and properly work great on the gras:)

And I got my 500 landing skid! I think it pretty cool, and would properly work great for the grass.

image.jpeg

KLA

Hey guys, I just got done setting up my 450 lro with a Beastx and the Tarot Split Lock DFC head and mine was at about 7° with the blue light. I did just what everyone else said and just went with it and it flies great.

Smoggie

And the Blade 600X head will fit? Align main shaft or will blade work on that as well? I'm guessing the shaft diameter is the same as well?

Yes, it fits perfectly, same shaft diameter and the geometry works great with a Vbar. I had to cut down a Trex shaft but otherwise a simple conversion. I'll post some photos over in the 600 forum.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey guys, I just got done setting up my 450 lro with a Beastx and the Tarot Split Lock DFC head and mine was at about 7° with the blue light. I did just what everyone else said and just went with it and it flies great.

Have a good time tomorrow :yahoo:. Don't be nervous:nono:, you got this:agree:and have fun flying:biggrin-new:.

KLA

Hey DOG, think you got the wrong guy. The OP, Ben, is the gut you were thinking about. But, I'm still gonna have a good tine flying tomorrow. Thanks for the vote if confidence. Lol!!!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey DOG, think you got the wrong guy. The OP, Ben, is the gut you were thinking about. But, I'm still gonna have a good tine flying tomorrow. Thanks for the vote if confidence. Lol!!!

Opps Sorry! Memory is the first thing to go at my age. Now, what were we talking about Lol.

trainrider06

glad to see your airworthy ready! Hope all goes well! Just be easy and fly with how ya feel! If thats just a hover go with that!

KLA

The easiest thing to do is to start with a very tame pitch curve, something like -2° at low stick, and a max of 8° at high stick. That's what I do for FM1, -2,0,3,5,8; then in FM2 you can get a little more aggressive. If you use the -2,0,3,5,8 pitch curve with a lot of D/R and expo it is almost like flying with a self leveling gyro, it's very tame.

But, that's just a suggestion for a beginner pitch curve. But, like Rodney said, just fly with how ya feel and keep it within your abilities. Don't need to crash it right away like I did. But, as long as you don't do something as stupid as I did you will be fine. Good luck and Happy Flying!!!

benram

Man I was nervous today! Haha... When I spooled it up, I walked further 5 m. Crazy when you only have tried the smaller ones.

I used all stock settings, normal 0 25 50 75 100 pitch and so on. It was a bit snappy for the first time, so I have made som high and low rates + some Expo.
The tail shakes a little bit at hovering, and a lot when spooling up. What do I specific have to do here?

As promised is a video of my maiden flight:
I think this is okay for a first try with a self build heli. Can't hide that I'm a little bit proud :p

Last edited by a moderator:

KLA

WooHoo!!! I would call that successful maiden flight and a very successful first build. Gotta tell you that you did a great job, Ben, and you should be proud. Now that you got the maiden flight out of the way you can play around with your throttle and pitch curves and D/R and expo to fine tune it to your liking. One thing that I did notice in your video is that you said "needs some trim". With a FBL gyro you really don't wanna use trim. All you wanna do is adjust the pots on the BeastX or settings in your radio and try to "tune out" the drift. You really shouldn't use trim. If you really have to, you can tweak your servo links a bit.

But, all in all, I would say it is a success. You did an excellent job!!!!! : -)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
There you go Ben :smile:. Your first build follow by a wonderful test flight :arms:. Good job hovering :twothumbsup: It's always a great flight if the bird comes home in one piece:agree:. Thanks for sharing the video :secret2:. Good luck on many more flights :beerchug:.

Smoggie

Well done, that's a great maiden flight! You are right to be proud.

I'll just add a +1 to the last comment about not using trim. IMHO the best thing to do is disable trims in the Tx setup so that you cant inadvertently add trim.

Some tail shake when she's spooling is not unusual, spooling with negative pitch so that the heli is pushed down into the ground makes it worse. Probably the first thing to do if you want to start tweaking is to get rid of the 'normal mode' throttle curve and switch to an idle up.

benram

Tanks guys!

But if I can't trim, what to do then? In the microbeast manual, it says that you should trim with you tx, and then set it as 0 on the bx. And then back to 0 trim on the tx.

The tail shakes ALOT!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Tanks guys!

But if I can't trim, what to do then? In the microbeast manual, it says that you should trim with you tx, and then set it as 0 on the bx. And then back to 0 trim on the tx.

The tail shakes ALOT!

What is your gyro set at? You might have to turn it down some. Just my thought.

Smoggie

Tanks guys!

The tail shakes ALOT!
Tail shake is a gyro gain issue (i.e. if it's a fast shake then tail gain is too high ).. Not a trim issue.

KLA

Tail shake is a gyro gain issue (i.e. if it's a fast shake then tail gain is too high ).. Not a trim issue.

+1 to what Smoggie said. It's not a trim issue. I thought you had a drift problem, which you still don't wanna use trim, but then realized you said tail shake. Like Smoggie said, it is your gain that needs adjusted.

trainrider06

nIce job man! As Keith, Ivan, and Steve said your tail just needs Gain adjustment....you can do this in the BeastX or enable the gain on you radio and adjust it there. A nice smooth throttle curve I like it on Idol 0, 0/38/70/70/70 Then 80/80/80/80/80 For idol 1.
Leaving your pitch curves linear. What Radio did you say you had?

Top Bottom