450 T-Rex 450L Dominater 6S

benram

Hi all..

This is my first ever build, and I really like this product! Comes in a nice box, easy manual an so on.. I'm almost done, but struggle a little bit with the pitch setup. Mabye my ball links are to short. I haven't figured it out yet. :sadwavey:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good luck with the rest of the build. Any question, just ask the guys and they will help you out. Your going to like that bird, ask Trainrider06. He has one and he loves his. Enjoy and keep the pics coming and don't forget; :poidh:

KLA

Good job, Ben. Lookin good. If you have any questions or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

benram

Hey Keith

Well, everything went straight forward until I got to setup J. I don't know if you are familiar with microbeast? I followed Ron Lunds great tutorial on YouTube, and got stock in the pitch setup. You have to set your pitch at 6' and then the status light on the microbeast should turn blue. Ron Lund talks about the ball links maybe too short? Really, in a brand new kit and followed all other setups without having any problems.:ripped:

KLA

Ben, basically what they mean in that setup is that you put a digital pitch guage on your blade that is in line with the tail boom and you move your collective stick up until the light turns blue. At this point you should be reading 6° pitch on your pitch guage. If not, then you have to adjust your links until you do have a blue light AND 6° pitch. Another way of explaining it is that you move the stick up until you read 6° on your pitch guage and the light should be blue. If not blue, then you have to adjust your links.

A blue light and 6° pitch is the optimum setup for the Microbeast, and will work the best. I hope I explained that right. That's the easiest way I can explain that part of the setup.

benram

Thanks Keith..

I understand how it works, but mine is at 14 degrees so it's way over. At the same time it's like the blades doesn't follow Each other. One is 14, other is 20. Hmmm... Think I will reset and start all over.

Smoggie

The geometry of Align DFC heads means you cant get 'ideal' setup on some FBL controllers, i know this is the case with the Vbar. But you should be able to get close if not quite perfect. For sure if you are at 14/20 deg when you are aiming for 6 then something is seriously amiss in the basic setup.

benram

image.jpeg

Blue light turns on at 10 degrees. So it's 4 degrees of.

Both blades were leveled perfect before I got in to the setup. As you can see on the last photo, blades dosent follow each other any more. 4-5 degrees of difference. Hmmm...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

KLA

What are the settings in your radio? When doing the Microbeast setup, you should have linear pitch and throttle curves. For example: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Make sure that the Heli is sitting on a level surfaces. Just because the table is on the floor doesn't mean the table is Level. Check it out.

Tony

Staff member
It is very hard to get this on a 450 with the BX. I have had to just set it to 6º and call it good even without a blue light. If you have two holes in your servo arms (I think you only have one) move the ball in to the inner hole. I think they sell some aftermarket servo arms that you can get which the balls are closer to center so you can get 6º perfectly, but have no idea where to find them.

benram

The ball is in the inner hole. Arm has 2 holes. Just followed the manual. I will reset the bx and start all over. This I killin me. So close and still not :(

Tony

Staff member
On my 600 Nitro, I never could get 6º out of it. I had to just set it at 6º and leave it there. It flew perfectly fine, just never had the perfect setup.

Smoggie

Seems like this is a common problem across most of the Align heads. The head geometry just isn't optimised for most FBL controllers. The geometry was fine for the 3GX and Gpro but now Align are supplying the Microbeast with their kits they should sort it out. On the 600 you can get longer arms to go on the blade grips which allow better servo travel range. Shorter servo arms are a problem because the ball link that connects to the aileron and pitch servo arms hits the servo body if short arms are used.

Most people just get it as near as possible and call it good, and it seems to work just fine like that. I took the nuclear option and ditched the Align head off my Trex 600 Pro and fitted a Blade 600X head.

Tony

Staff member
Or you can just go with an Ikon lmao. No issue there.

And the Blade 600X head will fit? Align main shaft or will blade work on that as well? I'm guessing the shaft diameter is the same as well?

benram

Well, I started all over and when it came to the j setup, 6 degrees and didn't care about the blue status light. All other setups were perfect, and everything seems to be good :) I had it started up, and it will spin same direction as the rotor head. Not much but slowly. I guess it needs some rudder trim?

Thanks for all the help so far. :)

Top Bottom