Spektrum Spektrum DX8 w/ AR8000, AR6210, AR6115e and TM1000

Tony

Staff member
When my wife finds out about this, the argument is going to look something like this... :nutkick:

After selling my beloved DX6i to a member on the forum, as well as a local guy here in Oklahoma, I had to do something so I could fly (if I can get time lmao). I have been tearing it up on the sim here lately, and the itch is getting worse and worse, and I gave in.

$429 later, I am now the proud(?) owner of the Spektrum DX8 w/ AR8000, AR6210, AR6115e Receivers, and the TM1000 Telemetry module. Not sure what I'm going to use the module for, but i have plans for the Rx's.

So why did I go with the DX8 over the DX7s? It was pretty much a no brainer. The DX7s is housed in the DX8 case, yes, the same case, grips, everything. The DX7s only has a 3 position switch on the flaps, whereas the DX8 has 3 position EVERYWHERE! You can also reprogram your switches to do what you want them to do. If I want my idle up on the rudder d/r switch, I can do so. Another reason for the DX8 was the DX7s has no backlight. After installing one in my 6i, I had to have this.

Not only does the DX8 hold 30 models (more than I have, for now...), but you can store the models on an SD card if you have too many. You can also email your setup to others that are needing some help. This will come in handy for those that have the DX8 and need our help.

So guys, after being in the flying hobby for 2 years, the DX8 is on it's way. What's next? 35% Edge 540?....

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool now you have one too! Lol mine was delivered yesterday! I might get to look at it saterday if I get my brake job done anyways! Where did your come from? I hot mine from Horizon!

Tony

Staff member
I as well purchased mine from Horizon. With a Tx that expensive, I didn't want to take any chances ordering from any other company if there was an issue. And, with all that it comes with, you can't beat that price.

I just received the email that it has already shipped. Should be here Monday or Tuesday... I need to get something to fly lmao. More than likely, the maiden of the Tx will be with the MCPX if I can find the friggin charger... I might use the rebates I received from building my computer to put the other two planes I have on my wall together. That will give me 7 aircraft to play with. 7 down, 23 to go... :biggrin1:

Lee

LOL cool dude. Glad you joined the gang. Now just dont sell it 3 days later :D

Tony

Staff member
Okay, once I get the Tx, it's for sale...

yeah right hahaha. I'm keeping this one at least until I get some playing done with it. Can't wait to get it early next week. May have to stick a Rx in my Extra and take it up into the air with it. Should be fun.

Have you played with yours much? What are your first impressions?

Lee

Only with the MCPX. But the fact i didn't need to program a thing was a winner for me. I just uploaded the MCPX factory pilot settings and flew. Haven't looked into much detail yet as i dont have anything to program till i return to Spain in May.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Can youLet me know how the telemetry unit works when you get a chance? I don't have one for mine and no one at the field has a DX8. BTW, if you cant ting your charger, ill send you my E-Flite Celectra if you want it for free. Its the least I could do for helping me out along the way!

Lee

I've tried registering my DX8 but every time i put in the serial number, it says its invalid??? So i can't register it yet.

RandyDSok

Tony,

You missed out on sat least one other justification for getting the DX8 over the DX7... You got two more receivers than you'd have gotten with the DX7.

On your existing models... I suspect ( actually make that know ) you'll need to adjust your travel's down compared to what they were on the DX6... both the 7 & 8 allow for more servo travel.

Currently I only know one person ( I think ) that needed more than 30 model memories... but still they are nice to have even if you don't ever end up using them. Pick up an SD card as soon as you can... you'll need it to import other models not to mention store your own for backup.

You'll love the 3-wy switches... nothing like having some triple mode setups in certain situations.

Congrats on the gear...

Tony

Staff member
Hey Randy, you are exactly right, I forgot all about the 'more servo travel', haha bonus lmao. And yes, the two extra Rx's that come with it were one of the deciding factors. For the price of the DX7s, it would be almost as much as the 8 if I was to purchase the Rx's separately. Just checked the tracking, and it will be here Tuesday.

Tony

Staff member
Yup yup, I can't wait. And as of about 20 minutes ago, my DX6i is in the hands of another. We setup his mcpx and he likes the change over the DX4 that it comes with. Had to lower the swash plate just a tad to get better pitch control, but he is happy. Now, I will be very happy next Tuesday if that day ever comes lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Went back to Horizon's website, and they are sold out of the DX8's. I guess I got the last one lol. Oh how things would have changed if I would have waited...

callsign4223

Staff member
I don't know if I would say I love the change. On the other hand the wife wasn't happy when she found the DX6 laying in her spot in the bed either. :highly_amused:

Top Bottom