Trucks Rebuilding my T-Maxx

Tony

Staff member
Make sure it is actuating the servo on the reverse linkage. If it is, then it may have had reverse removed from it.

Tony

Staff member
You mean so it will NOT take off. Basically you are kicking in the clutch within the transmission. There is a screw on the front of the carb, this is the idle screw (there is a picture in the manual). Turn this about 1/4 turn counter clockwise. You can also turn the low speed needle about 2 hours (look at the face of a clock) counter clockwise as well to lower the idle, but this could cause hesitation if you are too rich on top.

Classic T-Maxx with a .15 engine is doneIMG_20170202_171836.jpg and it was a lot of work a lot of fun rebuilding it from the ground up I took it for a test drive and it is fast going to order of pull start for it and going to order a Fail-Safe

IMG_20170202_171836.jpg

edge1rc

Looks good. I just got an Emaxx some months ago. Its the older version with the shorter wheelbase

- - - Updated - - -

Hope I didn't derail the thread.

Tony

Staff member
We need much more information than that Brandon. What is it doing? Is it loading up or going lean? Is it dying or just hesitating?

Started my Nitro truck yesterday afternoon and tires are not spinning my slipper clutch on my transmission is stripped out I've ordered a new super clips

Tony

Staff member
The slipper clutch can't strip out, it's two pieces of aluminum with a pad in between them all pushed together with a spring and a nut on the input shaft to the transmission. Did you mean the spur gear was stripped out?

Tony

Staff member
You have to go into it at an angle and use a long skinny flat blade screw driver.

A spur gear stripped on my transmission just ordered another one Monday so it should be here anytime now I have to wait could get the part

Just got the part for my transformation spy gear shift arm and brake disc got a battery off of eBay and with charger for $14 the parts cost of 17.75

Top Bottom