Trucks Rebuilding my T-Maxx

Tony

Staff member
You really want to put shock oil in them. For a T-Maxx, you should start with either 30 or 40 weight oil.

Tony

Staff member
best thing I can tell you is to check the manual and set the low and high needles to the factory locations and try it there. If you still have issues, replace the glow plug.

Tony

Staff member
No, it will still run without a filter, but you need to get a filter before you run it outside.

Getting fuel to the carburetor my glow plug igniter does not work all the time and when I started it have to put down on a glow igniter Conflict for about 5 to 6 minutes but never no smoke

Can the wrong glow plug in the engine cause it not to run right because right now I have a hot glow plug in it the manual calls for a medium glow plug

Tony

Staff member
a hot glow plug requires a very lean mixture to stay running. not good for the engine. Put a medium in it.

That's my whole problem with glow plug the one that starts it just fizzled out and that's it thank you have to order a new glow plug medium

Have a question about Nitro fuel I have a bottle of cool fuel15% I have a bottle of what Traxxas 30% Nitro which bottle should I use

Tony

Staff member
The higher the nitro methane content, the more power you will create, but you will also create more heat and shorten the life of the engine. If you want it to last, use the 15%.

Got my T-Maxx run have an issue with the transmission it won't shift into reverse when I push the switch on the controller for reverse

Top Bottom