Quad RCX250 Mini quad Build thread

2skies

I have a question about the "made to order" RCX H250CF-3K BNF FPV Quadcopter. On the build kit (not the BNF "made to order" kit), we could choose to upgrade the ESCs to the RCX 12A BLHeli ESCs (RCX07-332) for $7, but on the "made to order" BNF, we cannot.

Is it possible to order the BNF kit with the BLHeli ESCs, if so, would I have to contact customer service for a custom order?

Lee

I think you will have to send them an email to check this.
They have been pretty fast with getting back to me, when I have had a question.

epij

Lee, did you succeed in flashing the RCX 12A ESCs to BLheli?

i saw you in another forum attempting this :)

Lee

I haven't tried, because I picked up a set of DYS BLHeli 20A mini ESCs. They are Oneshot ready.
Just had the first flight today, and they are really nice.
I have a couple of spare RCX ESCs so I may give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

epij

I haven't tried, because I picked up a set of DYS BLHeli 20A mini ESCs. They are Oneshot ready.
Just had the first flight today, and they are really nice.
I have a couple of spare RCX ESCs so I may give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

you sire, are awesome!

for budget reasons i would really like to try to flash my current ones instead of odering new. please also guide us through the process, as of, which tool you used (turninigy usb flasher?) and which firmware/bootloader in BLheli config to flash the ESC for damped oneshot goodness :)

Lee

The info i could find, say these are the same as the Mystery 12A esc.
But on inspection, they don't have the same layout.
So choosing the correct FW may be tricky.
I gave it a go anyway with an old RCX 12A, but I couldn't get it to work.
Maybe due to the fact, this esc has been at the bottom of a river :D ( it does still work though.
So at the moment, no help :(
Maybe you could send RCMart an email and ask?
They do have these escs available with BLHeli FW in the shop, so they "may" let you know if its possible.
Let me know if you find out, and I'll flash mine too :D

Thoemse

Very nice video. Before reading where you're from i saw where that is! I go to tarifa every year for kitesurfing. Been this year end february/beginning of march and your flight shows the appartments we lived in (blue complex).
I envy you. This is a brilliant place for quad flying for sure (If a tad windy hehe).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Very nice video. Before reading where you're from i saw where that is! I go to tarifa every year for kitesurfing. Been this year end february/beginning of march and your flight shows the appartments we lived in (blue complex).
I envy you. This is a brilliant place for quad flying for sure (If a tad windy hehe).

Oh, you just made a friend for life with Lee by posting this lol.

Lee

My friends at Living Tarifa, rent out those apartments.
I always put my family in them when they come to stay.
My house is 5min walk from there.
Been teaching kitesurfing for 14 years, and living in Tarifa for the last 5 years.
You'll like this video I made in Miami when I lived there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom