Quad RCX250 Mini quad Build thread

bluemeane

If its a fast wobble on the roll axis, reduce your P gain for roll.

It is a side to side wobble Thanks for the quick reply!!! I will try to get a video of it for you.

Also what are the "banks" for? How do you move between them?

Lee

When you set up the quad in Vehicle set up wizard. Which aircraft type did you pick.
There are three ZMR250 set ups, I think the middle one is the correct one for a 3S setup.

The banks are changed by a three position switch on your radio.
When you went through the TX setup menu, it will have asked you to chose your flight mode switch.
This will be used to change your banks.
Banks are basically three different flight set ups, that you can switch between during flight.

You can have them set up for different reasons.
1) To test different PID setting, say you have your PIDs close but not perfect, you can run the close set up in bank 1, then use bank 2 and 3 to make some fine adjustments. If they don't seem to help, just flick back to bank 1 and continue to fly that pack with the close settings.

2) You can have them set up for different conditions. higher PIDs for calm conditions, and lower for strong winds.

For more in depth info, go to the Open Pilot Wiki page. All the info you would ever need is there :)
https://wiki.openpilot.org/display/WIKI/OpenPilot+Documentation

bluemeane

So you match the banks to the flight modes? I currently set up 1 as attitude, 2 as attitude + cruise control, and 3 as rattitude.

So would I then need to adjust those banks to correspond to the three flight modes? As it says to raise the rate max and general stick movements for the rattitude to work right. This stuff is confusing lol.

Also how much should I lower the P down at a time for tuning?

bluemeane

Capture2.jpgCapture.jpgCapture1.jpgOk so I see how to assign the banks to the mode switch!!!! Yay! However I can't get the advanced setting to stick. It always goes back to unchecked. It shows as checked and it shows it saves ok but if I reload or disconnect and reconnect it shows advanced unchecked. :(

I will attach my settings and see if you can make heads or tails :) I did select the middle ZMR250 as it seemed closest.

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Lee

Checking the Advanced menu is just a safety thing, so you don't do it accidentally.
Changing the settings in Advance, is the same as changing them in Basic, just with more options.
Change the P gain in advanced and then flick back to basic, you will see it has changed there too :)

How many points to change at a time depends on the severity of the wobble.
If its really bad, come down by 10 to 20 points or so. As you get closer come down a couple of points at a time.

If the pitch is ok, then untick the link roll and pitch box, so you are only adjusting the roll.
At the moment its at 300 on the P gain. I'd bring it down to 250 and go from there.
I think I actually ended up at 220 or something like that.

Darmie

Great morning. I may had missed it, but what size and length of motor screws do I need? And can I find them on myrcmart?

bluemeane

Capture.PNG

Here are my current settings and a vide of its current shimmy/wobble.

Sorry for the delay, its been a busy couple of weeks. And again thanks for all the help!!!!

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

kamoex

Hey Kamoex,
Just had a friend here in Spain with exactly the same issue as you.
Same set up.
He has ordered a new ESC to see if that fixes the problem.
I'll let you know what happens.

Hi Lee,

My issue was resolved after replacing with a new ESC. hmmmm....
Now im getting worried as one of my ESC has this unusual heat compared to others.

Are you having issue on the stock ESC or you're using another brand?

TIA

Lee

With all five that I built, the stock ESCs have been fine.
Only the one on my friends was bad. He just bought a full set of another brand, and all is good again :)

Are you using only one BEC? Is that the ESC thats hotter?

kamoex

With all five that I built, the stock ESCs have been fine.
Only the one on my friends was bad. He just bought a full set of another brand, and all is good again :)

Are you using only one BEC? Is that the ESC thats hotter?

I'm using 4 of them. Is this safe and ok? Thanks

bluemeane

I made adjustments and it seems a bit worse lol. And feels pretty mushy. I am just not sure I get these settings lol. I am sure I will get there eventually though! Especially with the help of forum members :)

I will include three banks for ya.

Working on it.jpg

Working on it 2.jpg

Working on it 3.jpg

Working on it.jpg

Working on it 2.jpg

Working on it 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

I don't remember what my PIDs were, as I'm using Nase32 at the moment.
But a good base line is the ZMR 250 preset config in the vehicle set up wizard.

Top Bottom