Trucks Probably the most basic thing ever,why is my car sluggish

Tony

Staff member
There is also the DX4s and DX4r as well. The 4r is the new version of the one that i have, but 4 channels on a car is pretty much useless. Most of the time, 3 channels are too many. However, tomorrow I will have a T-Maxx here and that, I can use the third channel on.

mrjordan

There is also the DX4s and DX4r as well. The 4r is the new version of the one that i have, but 4 channels on a car is pretty much useless. Most of the time, 3 channels are too many. However, tomorrow I will have a T-Maxx here and that, I can use the third channel on.

So what does 3 channel actually mean,something thats been intriguing me

Tony

Staff member
Channel 1 is your steering. Channel 2 is your throttle (be it a servo for nitro like you have, or an ESC for an electric car). Channel 3 is known as an Aux channel, and on something like the T-Maxx, you use channel 3 for the reverse servo. You can also use it for lights and so on. the 4th channel, I have no idea what you would use it for lol.

mrjordan

Also,what about the DX4C, and if i got a new TX wouldnt i need to install a new reciever?

- - - Updated - - -

Channel 1 is your steering. Channel 2 is your throttle (be it a servo for nitro like you have, or an ESC for an electric car). Channel 3 is known as an Aux channel, and on something like the T-Maxx, you use channel 3 for the reverse servo. You can also use it for lights and so on. the 4th channel, I have no idea what you would use it for lol.

Wait,so my rc car can reverse? as ive tryed and its never worked lol nor have i understood how lol

Tony

Staff member
The DX4C is a lower end Tx. I don't think I would suggest something that low. Not for an 1/8th scale that can, and I have seen it happen, break bones and knock people out.

And no, your car can not reverse. Not many nitro's can. It's one of the special things about the T-Maxx.

mrjordan

The DX4C is a lower end Tx. I don't think I would suggest something that low. Not for an 1/8th scale that can, and I have seen it happen, break bones and knock people out.

And no, your car can not reverse. Not many nitro's can. It's one of the special things about the T-Maxx.

aww lol that sucks haha,hmm ok i think when my Bursary gets put through and i get a job,ill work on getting a new transmitter and hopefully,the traxxas xo-1,a car ive wanted for ages, its literally beautiful lol,what would be the range of my car do you think ?

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I plan on doing with this T-Maxx is to get a tuning video done. I meant to do one here a while back, but ended up having to sell my trucks to pay for some bills. So hopefully I can get them done so that I can help people like yourself out in tuning these engines.

mrjordan

One thing that I plan on doing with this T-Maxx is to get a tuning video done. I meant to do one here a while back, but ended up having to sell my trucks to pay for some bills. So hopefully I can get them done so that I can help people like yourself out in tuning these engines.

Yh true man that would help alot :)

Top Bottom