Trucks Probably the most basic thing ever,why is my car sluggish

Tony

Staff member
Steel flat washer would be best, but anything that will spread the load out on that arm would work better than no washer.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, that is correct. I say "thread lock" because Loctite is a brand name. But just about everyone knows it by that name lol.

mrjordan

Yes, that is correct. I say "thread lock" because Loctite is a brand name. But just about everyone knows it by that name lol.

lol yh,but theres loctite superglue,then loctite threadlock,are these the same,this is confusing my brain lol

Tony

Staff member
No, you want the thread lock. The super glue is just CA (cyanoacrylate). You know, the stuff that will bond fingers instantly lol.

mrjordan

No, you want the thread lock. The super glue is just CA (cyanoacrylate). You know, the stuff that will bond fingers instantly lol.

AHA yupp i know what thats like haha,ill get that all on Boxing day and then ill post some updates,i also want to try and make a rc car,with a twin engine,would be pretty fun and the power you get from it is crazy lol,a .21 hyper engine gives about 4bhp, two of them 8bhp, depending on weight it could reach up to 80-90 mph depending on cooling ect,plus it would have to be a custom chassis,because of airflow and such

Tony

Staff member
You can make that car you have do 80mph on a single engine. Using two engines will double the torque, but the overall speed will be the same. The only difference is you can use a lower gear. Meaning you can go larger on the clutch bell or smaller on the spur. But, you can do that with this one and get some insane speeds out of it. But BEFORE YOU DO, I HIGHLY suggest that you get a temp gun! They are pretty cheap and invaluable when it comes to tuning these engines.

mrjordan

You can make that car you have do 80mph on a single engine. Using two engines will double the torque, but the overall speed will be the same. The only difference is you can use a lower gear. Meaning you can go larger on the clutch bell or smaller on the spur. But, you can do that with this one and get some insane speeds out of it. But BEFORE YOU DO, I HIGHLY suggest that you get a temp gun! They are pretty cheap and invaluable when it comes to tuning these engines.

AHA shows what i know lol ahha,i will defo be getting a temp gun,my local hobby store should have one so ill grab that boxing day aswell as the threadlock and washer,the guy in the shop said i should only ever need to touch the top gold needle and the low one , the other two are not needed to be played with tbh,and i dont think my roads are flat enough for 80mph,itll probably burn through the tank long before it reaches 80mph lol,anyhow

mrjordan

Okay, I have to ask. What is "boxing day"?

Boxing Day is a holiday traditionally celebrated the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradespeople would receive gifts, known as a "Christmas box", from their bosses or employers, in the United Kingdom,
Or the simpler answer

a public holiday celebrated on the first day (strictly, the first weekday) after Christmas Day.

mrjordan

Ah, now I get it.

Welp i done the adjustments,3 hour turn ccw for the lower needle and 3 hours on the top needle,maybe 4 on the lower i cant remember lol, some improvement but not much,ill upload a video possibly tomorrow and get your opinion on it+

mrjordan

Ah, now I get it.

Did a test run today,still need some needle adjustments,but random thing,the TX lost connection to the car,the car when insanely out of control and crashed into a wall,was not out of range so a mystery to what caused it,ill have to see if the batts are dying,also, how do i reset the steering servo,it moves too far to one side when moving and after constant tuning on the TX

Tony

Staff member
According to what I found online, that tx should have end point adjustments. That is what you need to use. Put your trim in the middle and position the arm as close to 90 to the link that you can, then use the sub trim to get it perfect. Once that is done, use endpoints to make it travel the same amount in each direction.

mrjordan

According to what I found online, that tx should have end point adjustments. That is what you need to use. Put your trim in the middle and position the arm as close to 90 to the link that you can, then use the sub trim to get it perfect. Once that is done, use endpoints to make it travel the same amount in each direction.

Right oki,and for the random loss of connection?

Tony

Staff member
That could be anything from a low battery, servo pulling too many amps or just a random brown out. And given that you are in the middle of London, just about every cordless phone, or at least half of them, are on 2.4gHz. That could very easily scramble your signal and cause it to brown out. My suggestion, get a GOOD Tx that is made for loud areas where frequency is concerned. I run the DX3R and have never had a single issue with it.

mrjordan

That could be anything from a low battery, servo pulling too many amps or just a random brown out. And given that you are in the middle of London, just about every cordless phone, or at least half of them, are on 2.4gHz. That could very easily scramble your signal and cause it to brown out. My suggestion, get a GOOD Tx that is made for loud areas where frequency is concerned. I run the DX3R and have never had a single issue with it.

Aha i will,well i know its defianatly not the batterys as its got a battery monitor on it ect,but yh lol,it was raining today so didnt get enough time to record,ill try and get a recording done tomorrow and you can give me some idea on what else i need to tune as it still takes time to go of the line

- - - Updated - - -

Oh damn the DX3R is not cheap lol,£300 but so worth it for the features tho

Top Bottom