Post Your Thoughts On The New Website

Tony

Staff member
This morning, we rolled out a new website for Rc-Help and I would like to know what you think about it. I know there is going to be a learning curve with some of the features and where they are located and I also know some of the major things like Articles and Blogs are no longer here, but IMO, this is for the best.

My thoughts are, the site is blazing fast, much faster than it was yesterday! The fact that the site is now SECURED is a huge bonus to the site and the site being much easier to navigate both in the frontend and the backend is just awesome.

So post up your thoughts on the new site. Good or bad, I want to hear about them. Especially the bad so that I can see ways to make it better!

RandyDSok

I like it, or at least what I've seen so far.

I can think of one "enhancement"... really just a change in the CSS.

On the previous forum, when looking at the new post list... the area of the forum the post was in was located at the end of the line. On this one, the same info is on the second line below the post's subject line right after the person who made it and the time of the last post. The only issue is that on the fire theme, the forum area is in a dark gray that almost blends into the background. .... I'd like to see this in a brighter color with more contrast to the background so we can see it easier.

Tony

Staff member
I'm still working on permissions. At this time, it's not at the top of the to-do list, but it will get done for members that have been here for a while.

Tony

Staff member
Tony love the new look but how do we edit a post No edit button that I can see
Hey Neil, just wanted to let you know I have went into the Elite members group and found the issue. You were set to edit your own posts, but the time was set to 0. I have updated that and you should see an edit link in the lower left of your post. Sorry about that.

holtneil

Thanks Tony for us that cant spell edit is used a lot ( why is dyslexic a hard word to spell lol ) it was done just for us who have it

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. I stated a few years ago that members on here that have been on here for a while and are active, I have no issue with them editing. I just don't allow it for new members because of some past issues. Horrible times I tell ya lol.

holtneil

Well I must say its a great friendly site so you have done a great job , I love the live cast its like your right here in my living room with me

Tony

Staff member
I'm getting that a lot about the live streams. There are thoughts on not doing that anymore though. Take the last one for example from Friday. An hour and a half of time to shoot that one plus the couple of hours to set it up and we only received 85 views. The reward for the channel is not quite enough to keep doing it. But, I'm still thinking about it, I'm still looking for ideas on making it better and have not 100% called it off as of yet.

holtneil

Its hard Tony due to the wide time bands when your on I am off to bed as I start early ( life of a rig driver as you know ) so this may be why I do watch it the next day tho

Tony

Staff member
I completely understand that and when those in the chat are not acting like asshats, I post the video live on the channel. But the last two that we have done are set to private because of said asshats. If we do more live streams, the chat is NOT going to be on there. I can cover things up that are not on a video to help protect others that are watching (children and such) but I can't do that if it's on the video. still working on it.

holtneil

Its a shame when member mess up there own site they need there ass kicked hard we would not be doing this hobby without the help of guys like you , I work as a Mod on a quad site and had to warn some members as there posts were over the mark the few ruin it for the many you have your work cut out for you Tony

Tony

Staff member
And that is what I'm trying to keep from. I do not want the few to kill it for the many. I love doing the live shows when these people are not screwing things up. And for hot topics, it's not a bad return for us. But when I have to keep it out of public view, it turns into a waste of time quite honestly.

Tony

Staff member
I have started a 0 tolerance policy in the chat. If you post something that you surely know you are not supposed to, you are banned from the chat. The live stream yesterday had a member asking for his friend if they were banned because they could not post a comment. After that persons comment, you damn right they are banned. I will be adding more moderators to it even if we are not showing it on the video.

Top Bottom