Post Your Thoughts On The New Website

Dennis H

I am trying to locate the "Chat" section, but I don't see the link.

Could someone give me a hint where the link is to join in the chat's?

Dennis

Tony

Staff member
The chat we are referring to are in the live stream only. There is no chat on the forum nor will there ever be. A live chat on a forum is the best way to KILL a forum.

chat.png

RandyDSok

Ah, I'm running AdBlock 3.8.6 and I'm not getting that. I just turned on my auto refresh and set it to ever .5 seconds and it never came up for me. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue...

Revisiting this issue....

To recap.... I'd switched to AdBlock 3.8.6 back when we were discussing this issue of the blocker being detected ( using the other one I had installed ) even though the forum is whitelisted. After that switch, things were fine initially but now that's changed.

Since that time.... AdBlock has been updated to 3.9.1 and now the forum is detecting it even though the forum is still whitelisted. I've also seen this on a few other websites, so it isn't just the detection routine used here but in other places as well.

This is by no means a problem here since I can easily dismiss the notice about having an adblocker. I do think the author of the plugin being used to detect adblockers needs to be advised that their product isn't working as it should so they can code it better and not have a false detection ( when an adblocker is installed but the site is whitelisted )

I only have a couple of websites that I regularly visit that even need an adblocker on due to their excessive number of ads. If these and other sites didn't abuse them, the use of an adblocker would be almost non-existent. For now, I keep one enabled and just whitelist the sites that aren't abusive with their ads.

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I have noticed is if you turn off background add on's for chrome when chrome is closed, it will pop up a message. But once the page is refreshed, you shouldn't see the popup again until you close and reopen chrome.

Top Bottom