Old Simulator Sunday With Phoenix

Tony

Staff member
There is more to it. They talk about installing more stuff that I already have installed and there were a couple other things that I'm worried about. It would be best to have my server guy do it rather than me screwing it up lmao. Because I will hahaha. But yes, I'm running CentOS 7 so those are the instructions that I was reading. There is also a script that you can run so that if the server reboots, it will automatically start up the teamspeak server as well. That way I don't have to go in and manually turn it on every time we have to restart the server.

Thanks for the link though, always looking out for the site, I love it!

Admiral

Went on and created a session at GMT -6:00, was only joined by some yobo with a Corsair whose only mission was to ram me so ended the session about -6:10 and went to lunch, it was 11:10 AM over here.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for creating the room. Too bad about the asshat. That is why I turn off collisions in the sessions.

Admiral

Just been having a play online, maybe we should restrict "Allowed Models" to helicopters as well, that will stop the corsair anyway, maybe he's not good enough to fly a copter.

Tony

Staff member
You can do that as well. This site has turned primarily helicopters, so I have no issues with restricting models.

Geena

Staff member
Sorry I didn`t make it to the session. I fell asleep and didn`t wake up til around 11PM... :| About that Jackroach who was ramming you...Ya could have kicked and banned him. ;)

I actually think I have banned him before.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You always have a hater in a bunch. Probably it's the only way for the individual to be notice is by being a DINK!

Tony

Staff member
Thanks again Keith for setting up the session. I means to post in here early yesterday about Geena being MIA for a while. She is on vacation. She will be back soon though.

bigone5500

Maybe have designated Sim-Sun officers? They would collaborate on who would be doing the session that week.

Side note...whats the status on putting teamspeak on the RCH server? Just curious...

Tony

Staff member
Right now putting teamspeak on the server is on hiatus. we might change servers, but not 100% sure yet. Having an issue with the other server at the moment. But I'm trying to find a way to do this. I promise lol.

As for "Officers", that is not really the issue here (but is a fantastic Idea that I will be thinking about). The issue right now is promotion of Sim Sunday. When I would do a Live Stream of Sim Sunday, it would bring in a lot more people than just from the site. But since I'm not doing the live stream anymore, no one is really joining in. I have been working with Geena on a solution, but is seems just about everything has to have access to the back end of the site or youtube. Again, I'm still looking for a solution other than closing it down.

If any of you have a solution, post up and let us know. Even if it is changing the day we have it on or even the time. Post up some suggestions and I will see if I can get some thing done to help out more so than I am now. Which is not at all because of the time I have to be in bed and the time the sessions are starting. So we really need your suggestions.

Tony

Staff member
What's up everyone! I wanted to let you all know, I will be hosting the Simulator Sunday session tonight and we will do it LIVE on YouTube! Due to some, what I call, HORRIBLE circumstances, I had to work 15 hours on Saturday, so I took Monday off. This means, I can be here to host the session. And we all know I need to do some flying.

I may start it up early and if I do, and you receive notifications on YouTube, you will know when we go live.

Now if I can just remember how in the hell to do it lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I thought about going out and flying this morning, but it has been raining since last night. Yard is soaked! Don't want to destroy any electronics when I crash. Yes, WHEN! lmao.

bigone5500

Weather is sucking for this week. Supposed to rain for the next several days. Probably into next week. So it's indoor flying for me. Got my Blade mSRs and Ares Nanos FP75 within reach.

Top Bottom