Old Simulator Sunday With Phoenix

ChopDrifter

I promise I will purchase Phoenixrc 6 when it comes out. I believe simulators are the best investments in this hobby, if there is such a thing.

ChopDrifter

I saw your post Tony of your GPU playing up, I wish I had a spare decent gpu to offer. Just wondering will Sim Sunday be on/off?

Tony

Staff member
I think I can still do sim sunday. Have not done any testing yet though. Had to do some wiring in the garage, clean up some other things from a previous wiring job and mow the yard. Now I'm trying to do some things here on the site and hopefully after that, I can test to see if I can make it happen.

Tony

Staff member
Tried and the fan is having to run at 80% to run phoenix and OBS so there will be no live stream. I'm not going to be able to do sim sunday mostly because I still cant' find my charger for the DX9 but you guys feel free to fire up a session and have some fun. I'm going to go turn the couch over and try to find some nickles and dimes to try and beg a graphics card from someone... Everything stops until I get that.

Tony

Staff member
I'll get it figured out eventually, just don't have $300+ that I can drop on one right now.

bigone5500

Not going to be able to make it tonight. We have a potluck at my wife's niece's house. Will be taking my truck with me though... :)

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately. I'm struggling just to get videos rendered. Thanksfully that is mostly CPU heavy. Trying to get the money to get a GPU that I won't have to replace for another 5.5 years...

bigone5500

Wish I had something. I used to call myself fixing these things but have pretty much quit. I have a few cards but I don't think any of them are powerful enough.

What did you have before?

Tony

Staff member
I had an old EVGA 560ti 2GB. Specs below.

• 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
  • Core Clock 822MHz
  • 2 x DVI 1 x mini HDMI
  • 384 CUDA Cores
  • PCI Express 2.0 x16
  • I can spend about a bill fiddy and get one that is slightly better than that one, but trying to see if I can at least get a 1070 8GB. Something that as long as it doesn't have a failure, will last at least 5 years.

Tony

Staff member
haha. I do some pretty graphic intensive stuff with this computer. OBS which is what I use to stream uses a LOT of GPU, plus running Phoenix, iRacing or whatever uses more GPU, iRacing uses a crapton of it. So need to think to the future when I get one. Trying to sell some stuff off to get one.

Top Bottom