Off Topic Chit Chat

leedude1

Yeah we got it bad here too..my sister in law has 4ft of water in her basement...sucks.

Attachments

• received_407592663130155.jpeg
    received_407592663130155.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 3

murankar

Staff member
Sunday was upper 60S and rain all day. Monday sunny and 70s, today rain on and off and upper 60s, tomorrow lower 60s.

This time of year should be a steady over 70 days. This is so strange for us to have as much rain as we been getting. We are getting weaker versions of Tonys weather after it drifts our way.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, if you do it for more than a 'hobby', you already do. Unfortunately I feel some pretty big changes coming to RCH.

leedude1

Tony I'm looking to set up for the first time a governed head speed .

I'm looking to start with the 450l and see how that feels to me before moving into the bigger birds..
I'm in information overload mood here..can you give me a good starting point .. based on forum content and then I'll bust there with questions start a thread.

Thanks sir.

Tony

Staff member
Starting point? Um, enable the governor lol. I'm not quite sure what you are needing help with. If you would, create a thread in the heli section and let us know what, if anything, you have already done, what ESC you are using, hell give us the spec of the bird. gyro, motor, esc, servos (even though they don't matter on an electric heli lol). But the more info you can give us, the better.

leedude1

Yeah I'll lay it out and post up later my man... been using straight line throttle curves to date and working fine but figured I'd dabble.

Ok we'll work through it.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Dabbling is fun. NOT to be confused with that horrible crap people are doing now days...

murankar

Staff member
To start like tony said turn on the governor. Firstly before that make sure your heli is tuned as best you can get it. The governor will introduce negative tendencies that normal gain adjustments can not fix.

You will need some way to tac the head. Without knowing what your head speed is doing you won't know how the gov needs tuned. Telemetry will greatly simplify this issue.

Once the governor is turned on turn down the main gain by a lot like 20 or 30 points. I started my gain down at 0 on the vbar neo. Once I hit full head speed I toggled my telemetry switch for the head speed. It told me I wasn't even close. So I turned up the gain 20 point and hit the telemetry switch. After doing this 2 or 3 times while still on the ground I got to my set head speed. Then I flew it and listened for head bogging. I then had to add more main gain. The idea is to get the head speed steady while flying 3D or otherwise.

Just work with that for the time being. That Wil keep you plenty busy. Once that's done its time to test the tail. That's a whole other topic.

leedude1

Ha got it.. stick with the fixed throttle curve.. LMAO.

Kidding aside, I'll post up with the info for the bird and other deets and see where we go from there.

Havent ben able to get 5 mins to just sit and relax so may not be for a bit..ill get there.

murankar

Staff member
After a little consulting and a preview I was told I could post this video. I said that so i can say that this video does use adult language and may/could offend someone. If at work or around kids you want some earphones. Then get ready to explain what's so funny.

You will hear the term "Smage ". Its short hand for Sergeant Major.

Last edited:
Top Bottom