Off Topic Chit Chat

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Finally the wind is gone here in FLA. I have a couple of batteries to use on the 450 and X3l for after dinner flight. I spent the morning designing a new quad track. I haven't try it out yet but we still have plenty of daylight left :).

Tony

Staff member
Time to play the YouTube Demonetization game again.... I challenged one, and they upheld it for the first time. I'm seriously tired of fighting this crap and I'm about to just shut it down.

RandyDSok

I can't believe how good today's SPC Outlooks ( a NWS weather forecast ) were for today. They had shown that there was a chance of severe storms in my area ( and Tony's ) but the chance of tornado's were expected to be just to the south of us. It was just about as spot on as you could ask for. In fact, just as the storms were reaching Norman, OK and I-35... they'd just dissipate. Tony, wasn't quite as lucky as few strong storms still went over where he was... but no tornadoes at least.

RandyDSok

Time to play the YouTube Demonetization game again.... I challenged one, and they upheld it for the first time. I'm seriously tired of fighting this crap and I'm about to just shut it down.

I'd think having at least some monitized would still be better than none at all ( if you shut it down )...

Tony

Staff member
Yea, we did have some storms, but nothing crazy severe. Last night about 0300 we had some pea size hail, but that was it. Heavy rains and lightning were the main threats. But you are right, once they got here, they just died today lol.

and yea, some is better than none, but if they are going to take it away on every video I put up, then it is literally none.

Tony

Staff member
Sadly, with YouTube, there doesn't have to be a reason. I'm not making super viral videos I guess. All of this started with that jackass in the japan forest when ad companies threatened to pull from youtube, and youtube crawled under the advertisers desk and did whatever they were told. Rather than standing up for the creators that ACTUALLY make them money by giving them somewhere to put the ads, they just deny those that are actually trying to do some good. 8 years, it's been a good run. But I think it's almost over. The site will still stay here, the old videos will stay, but I think I'm going to start creating articles only, no videos. A lot more typing on my part, but at least I know I will get at least a little return to help keep the site going.

Tony

Staff member
Anyone have any 4.7µf 25v ceramic capacitors? Surface mount, not through hole. I just don't see paying $5.00 for a single cap plus shipping....

Tony

Staff member
It's going. Thinking about firing up another live stream to test some settings. Beyond that, I'm thinking that I really need to mow my yard lmao.

leedude1

I hear you my man with all the rain we've had recently I've mowed it 3 times in 2 weeks...it just started to grow and I'm already fed up. Lmao

Tony

Staff member
We can't get a break long enough to mow it lol. Massive flooding around here right now. But, it was dry today, and should be dry tomorrow so I'm going to try to mow in the morning.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's been so freaking hot down here with no rain in sight that I haven't mowed the grass in 3 weeks and looks like this week is not going to be any different.

Top Bottom