noob here and new to forums any help welcome

Norny

Hi all and thanks for all the good advice. I think I may have got lucky just bought phoenix rc at a carboot sale today for £10, I just hope it works when I try it. The gym I go to at the local church where I live has a hall were the kids play footbal so three times a week I'll have a nice size fly zone. Starting to feel like a kid again as I can't wait till christmas day to get my hands on the DX6i and my new heli. The syma still not arrived but not to worried about that now as I'm more interested in my future purcases.

- - - Updated - - -

PS my friend knows the owner of the local cricket club so come summer and talent and weather permits we'll have groomed large field to fly in.

Norny

Success my phoenix v3 £10 buy works haha I was scared incase it would be like some console games were when you buy second hand you then need to buy an online code so now all I need is my tx then the real fun will begin. Cheers for all the help and I have rooting around in the threads reading as much as I could so see you all soon as I'm going out tonight to do what us irish do best.

BOKI

Hi Norny; You will like the phoenix simulator & your Dx6i takes practice but it will be good experience flying for you! The Best Boki

Lee

So you've loaded Phoenix onto your computer? Did it come with the USB cable for the radio? It will not work without the special cable that only works with Phoenix. I hope you got it.

Hi Norny
You were saying that you feel like a kid waiting for your new heli. got news for you.....wee all feel like that when we get a new heli/plane.Just remember to take your time on the sim. the better you get at the sim the better you wil be for real. The bigest thing in this hobby is to be as confident as you can . it will all pay off.

ohhhh by the way welcome to the site
we all have one request from you HAVE FUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Norny

Haha I'm back was meant to go out but my friend had to much off a head start and I wasn't going to listen to his drunken ramblings. I only got the box with the cd in it but it did install and works as best as I can tell as I turned it off because I have no tx to calibrate with it but looks sweet I guess my 2 year old laptop isn't over the hill yet.

I was going through some of the sim threads earlier and v3 is good for laptops lol, here's to kids getting bored and selling on they're stuff. What is a good online UK shop to order the DX6i and 120sr from? I want mode 2 and could someone tell me what usb cable I need and what spare parts I should buy. I'm thinking more in line with whats the best battery, charger as I know to buy blades tail rotor and things a newbie is gonna break.

All help most welcome.
Norny.

Lee

Unfortunatley Norny the USB cable you need, is the one that comes with the Sim. Most software has a serial number, this does not. The code is in the cable. Thats why they were selling it for £10. Phoenix will not sell the cables separately due to software piracy.
There is a cable available from Hobby King that apparently works with it. And i have a shop near me that sells them. I'm waiting till my next trip up that way to buy one and see if it works.

Why did you decide on the 120SR over the MSR X ?

Norny

Let me know if it works but if not I'm only out £10 and I will buy from officail vender as you need what you need. If the chinese rip off is going to impare the learning I think I won't go there as I had a mod ps2 years ago and all the cheap games were off crap quality sound didn't work or something.

Thanks for the heads up.

Norny.

Norny

I decided on the 120sr because its bigger I'm usually a quick learner and I feel this model will last longer as I have a church hall not only my house to fly in. I have listened to all suggestions and I know the MSR X is smaller therefore a better living room heli but I feel with my knowledge now I won't try and fly this to its full potenial. I will use it to do flight school exercises.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't committed yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your input Lee very helpful

murankar

Staff member
For indoor flight the 120sr is to big for a house unless you have some good sized open space. You might be stuck flying in a gym with it. THe msrx is a livingroom heli all day long and twice on sunday. i wish i would have gotten the msr when i got my 120sr.

Lee

I absolutely loved my MSR (now MSR X) the X is to do with the new stabilisation system they've incorporated, which makes it even easier to fly. The 120SR is a great heli too, and being bigger will be easier to see. Nothing can take the place of real flying, but the sim is a very useful tool. Before doing any new trick, i get the muscle memory on the sim first, then perfect it in real life.

Norny

OK you guys I don't like going back on my initial research as I like to think I'm good but on second thoughts and all your critiques I think I will go for the MSR X as I will be indoors mostly and in my living room most, good call guys this is why i joined here for the advice as I like to learn from other peoples mistakes and not my own.

How much money did this info save me LOL.

murankar

Staff member
both helis are real close in cost or at least the msr and the 120sr were real close. Plus had you gotten the 120sr you saved on not having to re invest in another small model.

Norny

So which would you get if you were me I like the idea of the 120sr as i can can change pitch but is a bit fast for small places but I won't need to upgrade sooner. I just don't have the exerience lol. This is harder than I thought because the smart person buys 2 moves or 4 a head this is my chess training kicking in. PS I love chess and am not a beginner at this I would love to play anyone LOL.

I know this is an rc forum but anybody that can fly a heli must have an IQ 110 and higher LOL.

murankar

Staff member
Actually both the msrX and the 120sr are fixed pitched. I would stick with the msrX, just because you will get more aire time during inclemit weather with out leaving the house.

Tony

Staff member
The mSR-X is the best purchase you can make. as I stated before, the mSR taught me everything I needed to know in order to fly. I had the HoneyBee FP heli which is the same size as the 120sr and I couldn't learn on them to save my life. I crashed them every time I tried, I stress "TRIED", to fly them. When I got the mSR, things started clicking in my head.

Get the mSR-X with the DX6i. Do not get the ready to fly (RTF) as it will come with a cheap Tx. Get the BNF and order the DX6i. You will be much more happy in the end.

Spend a little more now and learn faster.

Lee

100% agree as i also said before. The MSR X is my decision. Being lighter it will have less inertia, therefore less chance to damage it. My MSR took a real beating over the year that i had it and never gave up on me. I eventually sold it, and felt good that it would carry on giving fun to the next person.

BOKI

HI Lee; I have got timed out on messages before & then you have to do it all over faster! Nothing to do with RC but I was in the Navy & our 1s't Port was Palma Spain! & they even welcomed us on the pier with a Spanish band & big crowd of people! Never forgot that! We were in the gun turret looking ashore 5 miles out! Any way the BESt to you & your flying BOKI SUNDAY 1:52 AM ILLINOIS TIME !

Graham Lawrie

Hi Norny, Good help on this site i am fairly new also and got a few good answers here, likewise i found it through youtube. I have a 450 Pro 3GX V2 and a DX6i. Welcome aboard:)

Top Bottom