there is noway you are using thr. hold in your crashes to do that to a gear
if you are then your gear mesh is way off
i have only striped one main gear and thats when the motor came loose
and i have crashed and broken main blades and not hurt a gear

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's a lot of teeth lol sorry to see that

I got my 130 fixed.. All it took was lynx blades and I cross tested .. They fixed my vibes every time lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

Dayum, never seen one take out teeth like that.
That's not one ground strike Tony that is probably 5 or 6 different strikes. Each strike with the ground takes a tooth off. I got tired of replacing gears and just started flying it with missing teeth. It's actually kind surprising how many teeth can be missing and the thing still flys just fine. Just a lot noisier haha. I removed the HP08 and stuck the stock motor back in.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lot of teeth lol sorry to see that

I got my 130 fixed.. All it took was lynx blades and I cross tested .. They fixed my vibes every time lol

What's cross tested mean? Was just blades huh? I've flown some pretty messed up blades and never had the vibes from just the blades.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's not one ground strike Tony that is probably 5 or 6 different strikes. Each strike with the ground takes a tooth off. I got tired of replacing gears and just started flying it with missing teeth. It's actually kind surprising how many teeth can be missing and the thing still flys just fine. Just a lot noisier haha. I removed the HP08 and stuck the stock motor back in.

- - - Updated - - -

What's cross tested mean? Was just blades huh? I've flown some pretty messed up blades and never had the vibes from just the blades.

Yeah exactly me neither but this time man !! They did it

Cross tested means replaced tail out out shaft with stock / lynx

Replaced tail blade grips with lynx and then stock

Replaced gears with all plastic.. Changed spacing everything ... Vibes were still there

Changed blades to microheli .... Stock .... Kbdd vines would come

As soon as I install lynx in any of yhe above configs the vibes would go away ... It was very interesting for me to find out .. Bird to bird I say

xokia

Cool, always nice when its something simple watch to see if the vibes return. If they do pay attention to the tail boom. There is a seam that runs right down the middle. That will come apart and you can't tell by just looking at it. The frame and tail box hold the two halves together. One give a way is to watch the tail in flight and go from a low speed hover to idle up 2. If the tail twists than its a good indication that seem has split. This caused head shake for me. Every time I thought I fixed it, it would eventually return. Took me a while to find it.

I still love this helicopter I'm just giving up on the aftermarket motor. I think the motor mount twists in a crash shoving the pinion into the main gear. Add that up with the motor being harder to spin and I think it knocks teeth off the main gear on impact. If you look at how the stock system is setup the frame holds the upper half of the motor from rotating the motor mount. When we put these aftermarket motors in we cut that piece out to make room for the outrunner motor. I have a motor mount stiffener in mine but I don't think its enough to keep that motor mount from being twisted on an impact.

- - - Updated - - -

there is noway you are using thr. hold in your crashes to do that to a gear
if you are then your gear mesh is way off
i have only striped one main gear and thats when the motor came loose
and i have crashed and broken main blades and not hurt a gear

I think it probably depends a lot on flying style. I throw this helicopter around. Most of my crashes are either inverted or sideways into the ground. So the main blades are the first thing to strike and the helicopter usually has some momentum behind it. I hit throttle hold that doesn't seem to prevent the problem. The HP08 isnt that much more power over stock so I switched back to the stock motor.

Last edited:

xokia

So after the switch back to the stock motor and many crashes later no more broken main gears. Sweet!!!!

Jesse if you're ever short on the xtreme production main gears let me know I ordered a bunch of them thinking I would need them. I'd be willing to let a couple go for what they cost me to buy plus shipping.

heli-maniac

So after the switch back to the stock motor and many crashes later no more broken main gears. Sweet!!!!

Jesse if you're ever short on the xtreme production main gears let me know I ordered a bunch of them thinking I would need them. I'd be willing to let a couple go for what they cost me to buy plus shipping.

i get them for 3.50 a gear if i need them but have only hurt 1 and have a few extras myself cause i crash it alot

xokia

i get them for 3.50 a gear if i need them but have only hurt 1 and have a few extras myself cause i crash it alot
No worries, I got them directly from xtreme production so I think I paid $3.90 each. They can be difficult to find sometimes it seems xtreme production runs out of them for whatever reason. If you run low and cant find them elsewhere just give me a ping. I'm guessing Oregon->texas would be about 3-4 days by usps. I dont really care if I sell them or not, just offering an alternate source to get the parts. Its sucks not being able to fly because you cant buy parts.

I may pick up the xtreme production CF frame down the road and then I may try out the HP08 again until then I'll be content with the stock motor. I have the trex 250 so the 130x will be getting less flying time once I get that bugger flying right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom