Micro New problems with 130x.

heli-maniac

ya i have the Extreme production set and i like it alot have not bent a main shaft yet in all my crashes and they are hollow at that
i just took the HPO8 back out of it and put my replacement spin 8000 in yes no more bog at all i crashed it thinking i was in idu1 and killed a servo lol
they dont fly well upside down with + pitch ooops

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes seems to work ok.

I'm glad! :)

If it quits though ... Some day.. Do go for a ds35 mod... And with the outer ball like I did. In my flights today... In about 15 mph winds again I couldn't get it to give out at all in full cyclic and pitch usages ... Ofcourse bogged the head a couple times but again, that can be very well controlled by collective management

So today... Had a couple great flight last flight went tail down into cement... Stripped the only plastic gears I got : the main and the output little one. Replaced them at work at lunch it didn't take long. Went out again.. Vibrations like you would believe. Changed tail blades and flew again and again crazy! Then I see the tail just give out.. My little front metal gear just popped and fell somewhere in mud/ grass and the rest is history... Vibrations backed off my tail box and also popped my swash bearings. I mean parts falling off..

The tail output shaft was out of round by just enough so I couldn't catch it right away lol so repairing now

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

I had the bad vibes mined turned out to be two different issues. Cracked main shaft and split tail boom. The tail boom split on the seam so it wasn't obvious until I took the tail boom completely apart.

xokia

As far as the DS35 I'm hesitant to do anything more non stock. I'm usually against modding things because it becomes an endless battle of fixing the weakest link. Which by the time your done you could have just bought 1 or 2 more helicopters.

So far on mine I have the solid carbon main shaft,rakon tail bearings,microheli tail slider,metal A gear,HP08 and lastly the microheli main gear with one way. I'm going to try and tough it out. If I keep stripping main gears I might just stick the stock motor back in it.

Stock motor is plenty powerful and if I was better on the cyclic I know I wouldn't bog the motor so much.

xokia

Damn stripped another main gear. Are you guys stripping main gears? I'm stripping them on crashes usually when trying to do piro flips and I don't time things right. I never stripped main gears with the stock motor but now its almost every crash and I take 1-2 teeth of the main gear.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Damn stripped another main gear. Are you guys stripping main gears? I'm stripping them on crashes usually when trying to do piro flips and I don't time things right. I never stripped main gears with the stock motor but now its almost every crash and I take 1-2 teeth of the main gear.

Yep I don't replace it if its just one teeth here and one teeth there hahahahha

It used to sound bad but fly perfectly fine

But yes, main gears go now ok crashes

You doing half piro flips or full?? :)

heli-maniac

this is the point of the one way bearing set up and thr hold
the HPO8 has stronger magnets so it harder to turn and with the solid mounted main gear it tries to turn the motor and that is what takes the teeth off

xokia

this is the point of the one way bearing set up and thr hold
The one way bearing frees up the motor in the clockwise direction. When you smack the ground the blades are trying to spin counterclockwise. I don't know if it will help and when I hit the ground I'm usually inverted.

I have a xtreme production on order

- - - Updated - - -

You doing half piro flips or full?? :)

What I am attempting is full piros flip. What I pull off is an ugly 3/4 piro flip.

xokia

with the one way set up if you hit thr. hold the main gear stops turning kinda hard to strip it that way
Yea I don't think that's what stripping it. When you slam into the ground inverted the blades are spinning even if the motor is not. To get the blades to stop there has to be a equal force in the opposite direction. That opposite force comes from the ground. And if you spin a one way backwards it will turn the motor.

I ordered a one one way hoping as you stated that it will prevent stripped gears. I have my doubts because of what i just explained. I will report back either way, l'd love to be wrong on this one.

heli-maniac

ya i wouldnt Know because i dont own a 130x with the more powerful spin 8000 and a extreme production main shaft and one way main gear and dont crash a lot

xokia

I sense sarcasm :) lol

I'm hopeful you are right because $20 for a main gear sucks. I should get it this week sometime and by the end of the week I should know if it saves me from eating main gears.

heli-maniac

ya you should just buy the Extreme Productions set its only 16.00 bucks and replacement gears are only 4.00 if you need them
out of all the times i have crashed this thing with the metal main shaft i just finale bent one because i whacked the side of my brick house

Tony

Staff member
wow, it's getting tense in here lmao.

I can see it in my head what Jesse is saying. When you crash with a solid mounted main gear, the inertia of the main blades is keeping that motor spinning, and if you hit the ground while it's spinning, there is a LOT of force being put on the main gear when it stops suddenly. However, if you had the one way, and you hit throttle hold in time, the motor would completely stop even though the head is still spinning and when it hits something after that, it will ONLY stop the blades and there is no force being put through to the main gear from the motor stopping as well. It's a logical conclusion.

But HOLY CRAP, $20 for a main gear? I can get one for my 600 cheaper than that lmao.

Best of luck to you guys. Lets try to keep the peace in here.

xokia

wow, it's getting tense in here lmao.

I can see it in my head what Jesse is saying. When you crash with a solid mounted main gear, the inertia of the main blades is keeping that motor spinning, and if you hit the ground while it's spinning, there is a LOT of force being put on the main gear when it stops suddenly. However, if you had the one way, and you hit throttle hold in time, the motor would completely stop even though the head is still spinning and when it hits something after that, it will ONLY stop the blades and there is no force being put through to the main gear from the motor stopping as well. It's a logical conclusion.

But HOLY CRAP, $20 for a main gear? I can get one for my 600 cheaper than that lmao.

Best of luck to you guys. Lets try to keep the peace in here.
I don't mind a little ribbing it doesn't bother me and I don't get offended easily. So there is nothing to be concerned with. It can actually make a conversation fun as long as it's done respectfully.

I understand the idea that the motor stops but when the blades hit the ground it's going to try to spin the blades in the opposite direction. If you spin the blades backwards the one way immediately locks up and tries to spin the motor. That is the point I'm trying to make but maybe it wont matter.

Lately I have been in expert in stripping main gears. Also cracked my first frame this weekend. Was super windy and probably should have packed it up but I was having to much fun. So I should be able to come to a quick conclusion if a one way will fix stripped main gears. I SOOOOOO want Jesse to be right because I'm tired of replacing main gears.

Tony the $20 I was referring to includes the one way and main shaft. But if they don't prevent stripped main gears then they are essentially a $20 main gear. You can purchase the gear itself for about the same price as the stock part. What's missing in Jesse's prices is the shipping cost which drive the costs up. No one local sells this stuff so I'm stuck to buying ebay.

Last edited:

xokia

So I got the xtreme one way and shaft today. I can't comment on stripped gears yet because I haven't crashed. But so far I am very impressed it makes the heli fly "bigger". I don't know to to quantify that but I can flip in place without losing altitude now. Also when doing heavy pitch pumps I used to be able to bog the motor and get the tail to blow out some. Now that doesn't happen.

One draw back is the plastic parts don't work we'll with the steel shaft. The problem is the screws that screw into the parts don't get enough bite. So I had to replace the T-block with a lynx version as well as the shaft collar had to be replaced.

xokia

So the one way didn't help prevent stripping the main gear. I'm going to stick the stock motor back in because this has just gotten annoying.
821213D9-28B4-448A-8C87-A07E20268A5F-31437-000016F613254D0D_zps5092f51d.jpg

Top Bottom