Micro New problems with 130x.

xokia

I took my 130x out today and it developed a couple new problems that ended up causing a few crashes before I decided to pack it up.

When I drop altitude the helicopter develops a wobble pretty badly. I think I figured this out and I suspect it because my swash was misaligned just slightly. I adjust the elevator servo horn 1/2 a turn and got the alignment marks lined back up at 0 degrees. Anyone else ever have something similiar?

The second issue was way more serious. I would gain some altitude then start flipping the helicopter I would lose complete control of the tail and it would spiral out of control. Sometimes I could catch it others it was just completely out of control and no matter what I did I couldn't stop it and it smashed into the ground. I THINK I know what is causing this but I'm not sure. When I look at the tail and grab the tail shaft I can see some major slop in the bearing. Do these rear tail bearings go out often? Is there a better replacement than stock? I think what occurs is those rear gears bind up. Anyone else experience this?

heli-maniac

the stock tail bearings are junk from what i have seen never had a problem with mine but only had the stock tail box on it a week
i went with the Rakon tail box and have had no problems out if it at all

xokia

the stock tail bearings are junk from what i have seen never had a problem with mine but only had the stock tail box on it a week
i went with the Rakon tail box and have had no problems out if it at all
I just removed the bearings and its confirmed the tail bearings are the problem! One of them is completely shot. So bad that the shaft looks like the bearing was siezing on the shaft. That would explain the piros and the complete loss of tail control. I'll have to check out the Rakon tail box. But in general I dont like metal parts on this small of a helicopter. They do however carry the bearings that I am willing to give a try Flange Bearing ( MF681X ) 1.5x4x2mmThanks for the company name.

Hopefully they are bettery than the junk bearings blade has given us!!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Shake in the heli when offloading head could be too high cyclic gain. Offloaded head means higher head speed so less gain required. Just dripping down one or two points will fix it.. Or should fix it .. If now clean the servos

Tail: yes like y'all already talked about the bearings.. That's a problem. But also check your tail servo .. Now that you are working at it, clean it :) can't hurt will help.

Let us know what you find out :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

Let us know what you find out :)
I ordered 2 sets of bearings from the company superbad referred to before I realized they are based in Viet Nam. So I went to boca bearing and ordered one set from them.
Total price from Viet Nam was $16 for 2 sets.
Total price from Boca which is in Florida was $18 for 1 set.

After I ordered the set from Boca I recieved an email from Rakon stating they have a US partner and will ship out the bearing as soon as they can. The part numbers from Rakon and Boca are the same. So hopefully the Rakon place is a cheap place to buy Boca bearings. I'll find out when they arrive.

Hopefully these aren't the same bearings that HH is sourcing and they last longer. I'll have extra's just in case. I probably have about 20 3D flights on this helicopter. And I wouldn't call myself a pro at 3D by any stretch. So its pretty lame that they crapped out this fast. If this is the only gremlin in this helicopter I will still be pretty dang impressed with it. As long as I'm not replacing bearings every 20 flights I will be happy.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Rakon bearings are great! My lynx bearings are still doing great! and Boca are amazing too..

ALL are better than HH :D

Westy

LEGEND
What is the bearing number and dimensions..... if you really want some reliablity you can go Ceramic ball bearing... super low friction and long wearing under high load.

xokia

What is the bearing number and dimensions..... if you really want some reliablity you can go Ceramic ball bearing... super low friction and long wearing under high load.
Its in the link I posted above for Boca is MF681X

xokia

I thought I would report back. I received the Boca bearings today and installed them. Just looking at them they look better then stock. Tail is solid now shake is gone. I couldn't fly outside though to flip it around and see if I lose the tail anymore I will try to do that weekend and report back.

Lastly I ordered from rakon and Boca at the same time. Boca was twice as expensive. I just received confirmation today that the Rakon bearings shipped today. So I will also update when I receive those. This thread will also serve as a record for how long the new bearings last.

Last edited:

JEXFIRE

So these bearings fit just fine in the stock tail box? I'm looking to upgrade my bearings before they have aa change to fail

xokia

So these bearings fit just fine in the stock tail box? I'm looking to upgrade my bearings before they have aa change to fail

Yes they fit fine in the stock tail they are an exact fit. Boca's you will get sooner but are twice as expensive as the Rakon's. I expect to get the Rakon's by saturday or next week. Rakon has a US distributor that ships out of Santa Clara.

Thus is the boca link http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-inventory/Radial-Bearings/22386/1-5x4x2-MF681XZZ

Rakon link was provided earlier

Last edited:

JEXFIRE

Good deal. I think I'll go with the Rakon bearings cuz I'm in no hurry. Only got a couple flights on my heli. Am trying to do only necessary upgrades to keep costs down. Thanks for the info!

xokia

Just ordered mine, just under $7 out the door from amazon
Who did you order them from? The problem there is there is no markings on these things to indicate the brand. The price you quoted sounds like the stock bearing price. But maybe you found someone selling the Rakon's?

My fear is always are you getting the part you think your getting?

JEXFIRE

Well we'll see when I get them but these bearing had the Rakon part # and were sold by MIXRC thru Amazon. I did a web search with the part # provided earlier

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and MIXRC is based out of CA so maybe they're Rakon western distributor?

xokia

Yea I don't know they could be. Usually on something like this ill pay the extra to make sure I get the right part. It could easily be counterfeit and you would never know.

xokia

So I spent lunch time and took the helicopter out and flipped it around a few times. Unfortunately I think I forgot to charge the batteries from last time. I did get some flips in and the tail was solid again.

But I really want to put the thing through its paces before I say its fixed. This will probably have to wait until tomorrow. By the time I get home its dark outside.

JEXFIRE

Yea same here. I got bout half an hr of daylight left when i get off work. I'll let ya know when I get the bearings if everything seems legit. If not, oh well, flight it till they explode!

xokia

yea thats fine I'd like to keep this thread going to track how long the bearings last. Feel free to report your results. I will eventually grab all the data and update the first post.

I'd like to keep this for the stock tail box style bearings. So people dont get confused.

JEXFIRE

Right sounds good. I plan on keeping the stock tail box as well unless something like a dumb thumbs crash forces me to replace it. I'm gunna try my best to keep track of how many flights I get per battery, certain parts, heli as a whole etc

Top Bottom