500 My Trex500 just showed up in the mail.

zenmetsu

See you guys in 3 weeks! :)

Nah, I will probably have assembly questions and stuff. Man, this thing is HUGE.

Tony

Staff member
From a 250 to a 500, yeah it's a pretty big jump. As for putting it together, it will be exactly like the Align 450 build I did. Well, I guess yours does have the flybar...

zenmetsu

Patience! LOL

I am hyper-balancing this head like I did to my 250, taking my dremel to each component until the opposing components are matched to within 0.01grams. You guys will just have to wait for the pics, I will post them as I go.

That said, here is the head as I have it so far, compared to my 250... and also a comparison of canopy sizes.

IMG_2226.JPG
IMG_2227.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, even balancing the screws. Every bit counts. :)

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2227.JPG

Lee

You are gonna love that bird. I love mine, although i'm thinking of selling it and using the money for other things. Like more batteries for my 600 and spares.

zenmetsu

Flybar paddles were way off, balance-wise. Align + carbon fiber = LOL. The metal bits have been pretty close to perfect, but the flybar paddles were off by 4.9%. W T H

Tony

Staff member
You could almost literally fly that 250 under the tail boom of the 500 and play limbo with it lmao. Looking good bro, glad you went with the Align!

Lee

You're gonna freak out when you fly that. Its so stable compared to a 450, so compared to a 250 you'll be laughing. :D

Tony

Staff member
I think compared to that 250 he may get bored lmao. But the sound of those blades slinging through the air will keep him focused. lmao.

Lee

No chance, when he opens it up and sees how fast that thing flys, he'll crap himself. :D

BOKI

Zenmetsu; That is a nice helicopter! I met a guy in a small town country airshow & it flew really nice you will like it ! THE BEST BOKI 3:27 AM ILLINOIS TIME!

zenmetsu

Yeah, the finish is nicer on some of the parts, but I did notice that their M2 screws (which need a 1.5mm hex driver) are either made out of playdoh, or they are actually 1.6mm. Both of my 1.5mm drivers were loose inside the screws and ended up stripping when I tried to torque them down.

Every M2 screw. The larger and smaller screws were fine, but anything needing a 1.5mm hex driver was giving me hell.

I received my hyperion 3900KV motor today as well, so my 250 got an upgrade. I had just finished tuning it by balancing all the head components, and the noise and vibration were definitely lower. I put this new motor in and it was like a completely different animal. Gobs of power, and the thing runs silent. Now I hear the blades moving through the air more than the motor and other noise!

I took it outside for a quick hover, and it flew very well. No worry about waking up neighbors because the thing is quiet now. This was also the first flight after replacing the dampers, and the helicopter had a much more "locked in" feel to it. I am definitely a happy camper right now.

BOKI

Hi Tony; Just got up but had to comment ! The guy who flew this has 2 Trex 450's & his girl friend had a trex 450 also! But all he flew so far was mostly Sport flying but he did good with it! Told me he new some 3D but was comfortable doing 3D yet with it! He was good flyin the Trex 500 though! They are quite Fast!!! Mostlly did pattern flying with a few upside down long fast pattern flying! BOKI 7:10 AM SATURDAY ILLINOIS TIME 28 degrees wind calmed down was 35mph! COLD!!! THANKSGIVING 58 degrees THE BEST!

- - - Updated - - -

HI Zenmetsu: They are Super Fast & Super Quiet also! You have a nice Helicopter ! Sounds like lots of Fun also! BOKI SATURDAY 7:18 AM ILLINOIS TIME THE BEST !

Top Bottom