450 My first heli build ever

Lee

You can just put a dab of CA glue on the end of the paddle to hold it from moving, once you have them both level.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Remember DONT TOUCH MG90s SERVOS WITH LOCTITE. . They wither down like sand... I have destroyed two servos initially starting out.

Be very careful. The casing is made f a very fragile plastic material (fragile to chemicals) ... You'll loose a servo mount on each side...

Just a heads up...

Also the flybar is just fine screwed on, it won't budge it you have tightened it enough.

j1273

Thanks guys
What do you meN i WILL LOSE a servo mount each side? Do
I have to cut one off to fit them?
Cheers Jay

j1273

Scratch both those posts!! Servos arrived today so I will find out for myself!!
Woohoo getting close to first flight now!!

Tony

Staff member
What he means is, don't get the thread lock on anything plastic. It will eat right through it. And there is something about the plastic on the mg90s servos that is particularly prone to being eaten by threadlock. Also, the plastic although strong, is very brittle on those servos, so use caution. Don't over tighten anything.

j1273

Well all I can say is this has been a disaster from start to finish.
My first problem has been covered earlier. Second problem has been 20% of hex bolts/ balls have been slipping on all of my hex drivers.
Followed instructions for throttle end points on esc. All beeps heard in the right places.
Went for first spin up with no blades on applied a tiny bit of collective, and at first nothing happened then all of a sudden full revs completely uncontrollable.
Result 1 bent fly bar , and a big gash on my knuckle, some blood to clear up and a man who will only buy used previously set up helis!!

murankar

Staff member
Don't get discouraged, I lost mine about 3 weeks ago and still have not done a maiden flight. I did a first ever spool up and lost the blade grips and almost lost my shins in the process. At least you took the main blades off prior to testing.

j1273

thanks for the words of encouragement mate!!
Im not giving up on the hobby but am NEVER building a heli from scratch!!! Not one part of this build has been a pleasure!! It has been a bad job from hour 2 of the build when I found out that they couldnt be bothered to machine my tail pitch slider properly!!
Couple that with all the studs that NO hex driver will fit and turn!!! And that was while I was removing factory assembled parts for re-threadlocking!!!
I enjoy modelling. I enjoy diagnosing and fixing a problem but you cant make cheesecake without Cheese!!
Tarot I will never say a good word about your quality or ability to make a simple stud that can be fastened or unfastened!!
All this and Ive got a mullered hand I have to try and erect scaffolding with on monday!!!
Ive come to the conclusion that in many languages Tarot means no worky!!! It was sso hard not to swear in this post lol
A very very disappointed Jay

murankar

Staff member
My EXI was no picnic either. I gues if you got the cash buy the Trex and it surely will build fine. Anyhow I hope your project gets airborne soon. I will attempt maybe tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
What did I do? lmao. I have to agree, your first build will be a nightmare and a huge learning curve. don't let this discourage you though. All knockoff heli kits will need more work than say an align or other top name heli. It's just the nature of the game. But, this is why Rc-Help exists, to help you though those times and get you in the air. let us know what we can do and we will help at any question you may have. :biggrin1:

heli-maniac

Right as promised heres a pic to acompany the above post re. Tail pitch slider fix
The tip of the file seen in the pic is pointing to the area I filed to reduce the binding. Hope this is easy to understand as I struggled to expain well!!
http://2012_0213doganbeech0163.jpg

i would think if you had to file on that part that the ball link was put on to far if it is centered on the ball it should never be that close to drag on that peace

Attachments

• 2012_0213doganbeech0163.jpg
    2012_0213doganbeech0163.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 0

Lee

Sorry to hear about all the issues. Where did you buy your Tarot heli from? I have had excellent products from them. I have heard believe it or not that some company is actually cloning the tarot helis. Can you imagine, a clone of a clone!!!

j1273

Ha how funny is that!?!?!?
I hope this company doesnt use tarots pattern for machining the studs and screws!!!
I got it from Miracle Mart after numerous recommendations and positive feedback on Tarots quality.
I obviously just got sold a Dog although I was told the other day that the last few my friend built for people had more than the usual amount of quality issues!!
Like a lot of traders maybe Tarot started out top notch to build a good rep now they have a good rep they are cutting corners!!

Lee

What size Allen key are you using? Metric or Imperial? Most of the helis are metric so 1.5mm heads. If you are using the imperial key it will strip everything you try it on.

j1273

1.5mm it works in some of the studs perfect infact even sticks in some!!!
Thanks again guys for all your input
Jay

murankar

Staff member
I keep stripping my 1.5 mm hex driver. I would like to know who makes a carbide tip hex driver or something stronger.

heli-maniac

i got a 1.5 mm coming in from SnapOn tools to see how well it will do
i have also already striped one of mine from my EXI kit

Top Bottom