Trucks My Adventures With T-Maxx 3.3

bigone5500

I'm going to hobbytown sometime this week to get a wiring harness and NiMh battery pack so I'll pick up a couple then.

Was driving earlier and the harbor freight batteries I had in there went dead. Never again. Luckily I knew the tank was about empty and wasnt at high speed. I also had it right by me.

Word to the wise...never run harbor freight batteries in a $500 truck.

Tony

Staff member
Don't run the NiMh batteries, IMO they go dead too fast. Get either a LiPo or LiFe pack. If your servos can handle 8.4 volts, then do the LiPo. If they can't, get the LiFe that puts out 6.6 volts. Otherwise, just use a 2s lipo and put a BEC on it. That is what I'm going to do with the trucks that i have here.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, not in my opinion. Lithium batteries are far superior to NiMh and carry way more capacity for the same size battery.

bigone5500

I'm thinking that if I go with a 2S lipo then I can simply get a small ESC and install along with it for the BEC.

Tony

Staff member
You could. And from the prices I'm seeing, actual receiver packs from big names are about $50. But quite honestly, you can use any 2s lipo if your servos can handle 8.4 volts. It not, you can do the ESC thing.

bigone5500

I am going to hobby town this weekend and am going to get some thicker shock oil. Looking at my set up, would 55 weight be too stiff?

Tony

Staff member
If I were to go with 55wt oil, I would definitely go with the 3 hole pistons first. That is pretty thick since this truck has 8 shocks on it.

Tony

Staff member
Springs are to hold up the truck up off the ground. Only go heavier if you are taking hard corners or adding weight to the truck. Shock oil and pistons are for dampening truck movement.

Top Bottom