Trucks My Adventures With T-Maxx 3.3

bigone5500

So I quickly grew tired of wiping excess amounts of oil and dirt from the side of my truck. I also don't like how the fuel has eaten the chrome from the wheels on that side. I purchased an exhaust deflector at hobby town today and got it installed. I'll see how much it helps.

20171007_190120.jpg

bigone5500

I learned an important lesson yesterday while driving my truck around. While ripping and roaring up and down the road, I noticed that the steering was starting to get sluggish so I pulled up beside myself and checked it out. The wheels would not do a full turn. I blamed it on dead batteries. So I shut it down and when I got home, I checked the voltage on the batteries which were at 1.3v. This should have been enough to turn the wheels but I replaced them anyway. After installing the new cells I checked the steering again. The wheels didn't turn like the used to. I remembered that I tightened the pivot ball caps the other day thinking that they came loose. Luckily I remembered how much I turned them. I backed them off and the steering was back to normal.

The lesson learned was don't fiddle with things that you don't understand and muck it up, and keep a fresh set of batteries on hand at all times. Better yet, I'll be purchasing the rechargeable NiMh pack for the truck and will not have to worry about changing them again. I have toyed with the idea of making my own pack which shouldn't be too hard. I'll post back with photos if I do make one.

As an aside, this thing is very tough. I have flipped it over and over a few times and have been lucky so far that it didn't break anything. I'll need to be a little easier on it until I get used to driving it before attempting jumps and the like.

bigone5500

Man I wish you knew how much I WISH I got video. When I tried to jump it is when it flipped the best. The wheelie bar caught the top of the hill and that thing did a cartwheel 4 times. It was beautiful!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
This is why I said to remove the wheels and shocks and tighten until the arms didn't fall under their own weight and then back off slightly.

I learned an important lesson yesterday while driving my truck around. While ripping and roaring up and down the road, I noticed that the steering was starting to get sluggish so I pulled up beside myself and checked it out. The wheels would not do a full turn. I blamed it on dead batteries. So I shut it down and when I got home, I checked the voltage on the batteries which were at 1.3v. This should have been enough to turn the wheels but I replaced them anyway. After installing the new cells I checked the steering again. The wheels didn't turn like the used to. I remembered that I tightened the pivot ball caps the other day thinking that they came loose. Luckily I remembered how much I turned them. I backed them off and the steering was back to normal.

The lesson learned was don't fiddle with things that you don't understand and muck it up, and keep a fresh set of batteries on hand at all times. Better yet, I'll be purchasing the rechargeable NiMh pack for the truck and will not have to worry about changing them again. I have toyed with the idea of making my own pack which shouldn't be too hard. I'll post back with photos if I do make one.

As an aside, this thing is very tough. I have flipped it over and over a few times and have been lucky so far that it didn't break anything. I'll need to be a little easier on it until I get used to driving it before attempting jumps and the like.
We have had that situation with me my T-Maxx Pro 15 was driving in my neighbor's yard and it went Full Throttle had no control of Radio Systems batteries were battery pack what's the luckily didn't just hit a barrel

Kind of a different thing happened to mine it went Full Throttle when the battery pack got depleted and crash into a barrel had no control over steering or anything

bigone5500

So I drove my truck the other day and had fun with it. I ripped and roared a little then hit the ditch to do a little climbing. I also ran around on some sticks just for the heck of it. After a little, I checked my temps with my temp gun and they are still getting too high. I am hitting 300F too much. I have richened it abotu 1/8 turn and at times can see fuel coming out of the exhaust.

This being said, am I not driving my truck correctly? Should I drive it fast more often?

Tony

Staff member
Your gauge may be reading a little high. Only way to know for sure though is to test it with a known calibrated temp gun.

bigone5500

I'll do a recording wth the traxxas app and post it if I can. It's a cool app which will record the speed, rpm, temp, etc. It communicates with the Rx and connects to my phone via bluetooth.

bigone5500

I give up on trying to get the rear right wheel to polish up. I tried glass cleaner and goo gone. It's just gonna have to be dull. The goo gone is too strong, it takes some of the chrome finish off.

Tony

Staff member
Only if it is getting hot as hell lmao. But no, that is not normal. Have you been doing some long cranking periods?

Tony

Staff member
Only thing I can think of is that coil heated up while cranking. Peel it off and stick a new one on and see if it happens again.

Top Bottom