Spektrum Micro Beast Set-up

Geena

Staff member
I agree with Tony. That`s a geometry issue. try going out one hole on the elevator horn, and see if that cures it.

heliperry

Well that did the trick on swash not traveling up an don't level. Moved the ball link out one hole on elevator and mad some minor changes to the control arms and it is now running true in positive and negative pitch now. So on to the next step of the programming. The only thing I'm thinking about at this point is on what is the correct way to gyro gain to work on my transmitter through flight modes. It looks like I have control on heading lock to normal through my gear switch but I'm not sure if I need to plug my orange wire from the micro beast to aux 2 of my receiver. Not sure yet. Everything is programed in set up menu and work correctly. Haven't looked at the parameter menu yet.

Tony

Staff member
The tail gyro gain should be on channel 5, or Gear. Then you will just use your Gyro menu in your Tx to adjust the gain.

heliperry

I've got it plugged into gear channel. I have my transmitter imput select page set as follow. Aux2 ch input hold sw and gear act. If that makes sense. Every thing is as the micro beast manual says. In my transmitter under gyro sens I've got it set to auto, F.Mode Normal 0, Stnt 0 , Rate 0: 75%, 1: 25%. When I program Norm:1 I should be able to control gyro gain. Right? This is the way I control it on my Fly Bar helis.

Tony

Staff member
You want to set your tail gain per F-Mode's? I have mine on a switch where I have the same gain on all F-Mode settings. The way you have it, you will set a number for Normal, you will set a number for stunt 1 and if you have it, stunt 2. If you can, post up a picture of your gyro menu so I can see what we are working with.

Tony

Staff member
Here is the manual for that Tx. Page 83 is the one that explains the gyro menu. It is quite different from what I"m used to. They say use Aux2 for gyro, but on my Tx we use channel 5. Aux2 is for the pitch servo.

Attachments

• jr-manual.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 6

heliperry

That's not what I'm doing on my other helis. I'll take a pic of my tranmiter page on my tranmiter soon as I can .

heliperry

After thinking more about the gyro sense page attached. Should I just INH this page and use my gear travel adjust page for controlling the gyro sense. Also how about throttle hold? My switch is INH at this time. Should I Activate it? Will it work as normal. I haven't tried it yet.

Attachments

• 1509284796063-1472865127.jpg
    1509284796063-1472865127.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 3

murankar

Staff member
Your throttle hold should be active. It will need a 0 - 100 pitch curve and a flat 0 throttle curve.

I am not sure about your first question.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I wish I knew more about these JR Tx's. Reading that manual is about the extent of my knowledge lol.

murankar

Staff member
If I had to take a stab at it the gyro sense page needs to be active. It should be mapped to channel 5 already.

Top Bottom