1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum Micro Beast Set-up

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by heliperry, Oct 20, 2017.

< Fbl Complte Head Setup Incl Swash Plate Leveling | Ar7700 Question >
  1. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys, I'm trying to program a micro beast x to my JR 8103 2.4 transmitter. When I hook everything up the way the book says to for a standard receiver , I'm using a spectrum 7010 6 channel w/ satellite. It looses bind on the satellite and I can't go any further. Need help.

2. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I think you may be missing some info someone else may need in order to help you...

I think the JR 8103 isn't a 2.4Ghz radio when sold but could be converted by using a different module plugged into the back. What make/model module does your radio have? .... Did you set your radio to use PPM instead of PCM in the settings?

The receiver you listed is a DSM2/DSMX receiver... so the module your radio has must also be compatible.

3. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes to all the above.

4. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    That doesn't answer the question about what the make/model of the module your transmitter has...

5. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    Its the DSMX

6. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    That's probably the protocol it uses to talk to the receiver... it is not the make/model of the module which may tell help someone find out if there are any compatibility issues with the receiver you listed.... good luck since you're unwilling to provide info that may actually be of use in helping you on your issue

7. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm not in willing to give info, I'm at work and I don't have it setting in front of me. Besides if this is the attitude of your web site I don't want to be apart of it. So if you think you can help, when I get home I'll put everything out there about my radio, receiver and anything else you would like to know.

8. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Easy guys, we are all here to help out.

ChopDrifter likes this.
  9. ChopDrifter

ChopDrifter Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah
    +1

Everyone just needs to chill

10. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Basically what we need to know is if your module is spectrum, orange or lemon. Yes those are brands, they are spectrum clones. Oh did your module come with the 7010? Did you buy the radio with the module already in the radio?

Next your 7010 may not work with your module. If the ex binds then the sat should work auto-magically.

What also would help is the size of the heli this is going in? Some helis don't require a sat. So it could be a waste of time to get working.

11. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok, here is what I am using. Jr 8103 transmitter w/ 'Spectrum 2.4 GHz DSM2 9 channel aircraft modual stalled . Receiver is a Spectrum AR7010, 2.4GHz DSM 7 channel receiver. I have the radio programed PPM. Also have it set as Normal 1 servo per micro beast version 2 fly barless receiver. It is set to standard receiver mode I think. Once I power up the micro beast without transmitter being on.. When I go to bind mode threw 7010 it continues scrolling threw h-n with no radio control. What do you think?

12. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Real quick there are two ways to hook that up. The beast should be able to handle just the sat as the receiver. The caviat to that is that you have tonne flying a 450 or smaller heli.

If your heli is bigger than a 450 than you will need to use both for the diversity.

I have not set up a beastx in about 5 years. I would watch Tony's video for the setup procedure.

13. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    I fogot to tell size of heli. It's a Trex 500e flybarless.

14. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Yeah you will need both rx and sat. The other thing is make sure the sat is compatible with your tx module.

15. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    This receiver and sat have been in another heli worked fine in a standard flybared heli.

16. Tony

Blog Posts:
    With that Tx combo? If so, then it should work now, not sure why it is not. Try binding without the BX and see if that helps. I know sometimes I have to bind things by themselves to get them to work and then connect them up.

17. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'll give that a try tomorrow evening and get back with you.

18. Tony

Blog Posts:
    awesome, let us know. Sometimes these things are a pain in the butt until you find that one little quirk that makes them work.

19. heliperry

heliperry New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok, here's what I figured out so far. Well you need a battery that's fully charged in order to get a solid bind. Duh! Starting to step threw micro beast set-up menu. Have a question about step G. Should I take the head off and use a swash leveling tool? And should step J read 0 pitch after you set 6 deg. When you go to step k. When you're pitch Stik is centered. If that makes any sense. I'm showing my 0 pitch is above center on my gimbal about 2.4 degrees.

20. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I would definitely use a swash plate leveling tool in G. J I think will stay at 6ยบ until you push the button. I have not worked on one of these in some time lol. Once you push the button, you will start setting your max collective pitch. And again, I can't remember if it is supposed to center, but I think there should be a very large deadband in the center. If it is not showing 0, then go back to G and set center or check center again.

< Fbl Complte Head Setup Incl Swash Plate Leveling | Ar7700 Question >