Spektrum Micro Beast Set-up

heliperry

I'm starting to understand how to move around in the micro beast menues so the next chance I get I'll go back threw it to see if I can get it closer. One step at a time. I've been real busy getting ready for Swapmeets I help with. I'll keep you informed on my progress.

heliperry

Ok, I went back to G and used a swash leveling tool I've used on my other Fly bar helis. With that said. I can get my servos level in there neutral state but when I switch off of G and go threw to the end where I have control of the pitch movement. My swash plate will not stay level on the travel to full collective pitch or negative pitch. Shouldn't it stay level. If so how do I achieve this?

Geena

Staff member
When you`re in menu G, are you centering the servo horns, and then getting the swash plate level by adjusting the links? Or are you leveling it by adjusting the horns? In menu G, you should get the horns centered, and then level the swash by adjusting the links. If that is how you`re doing it, you may have a servo that is moving a little slower than the rest of them. If you are leveling the swash by adjusting the horns, it could cause more movement on one servo than you`re getting on the others, and will cause the swash to be out of level when it moves up or down. Keep us posted on how it goes, and we`ll keep trying til we get it figured out. :)

heliperry

I'm using the elevator stick to level the the swash. Not the control rods. My servos are as close to center as I can get them. So do I adjust the rods instead of using the elevator input on each sevo?

Geena

Staff member
Yes. Once you get the servos centered with the stick, level the swash by adjusting the rods. That way, your swash should stay level during up and down travel.

Tony

Staff member
Is the swash tilting to the front when the swash goes up, and back when the swash goes down? If so, this is some precomp that is in some of the gyros. It's supposed to take into account the weight of the tail hanging off the back of the helicopter.

heliperry

G, swash is level. Servo arms centered as close as I can get them I adjusted servo rods to get swash level at midstick. Pitch and aileron servo are still not tracking in positive and negative throws. If I pop the ball links off, in the neg. Pitch links need shortened. But in the pos. Pitch they need lengthend. Not sure what is needed to be done. Hope that makes sense.

Geena

Staff member
Have you checked that the piro comp is set correctly? Menu N, I think it is. If that is set incorrectly, that can cause this issue. In menu N, the swash is going to tilt...hard in one direction. Pick the helicopter up, take note of the direction the swash plate is tilted ( use the higher side of the swash as reference). Holding the helicopter by the head, rotate it around like it`s doing a piro. The swash should stay pointed in the same direction throughout the piro. If it changes direction, the piro comp is set incorrectly. Check that setting and try checking the swash movement again.

heliperry

I checked N and it is correct. I must be missing something. I've tried everything to zero my servos in the G position. I thought when you light up G the servos would go to there neutral position. Then when you move your Rudder stick to the side you could pick the servo that is off and adjust it with the elevator stick. And the last position you left G it would save it. When I light up G , my servos react off their neutral position untill I activate G with the Rudder stick for each servo. Stumped an frustrated! I've got to be missing something just don't know what.

Tony

Staff member
In G, you will select the servo that you want to adjust and adjust the servo arm to 90º to the link or exactly parallel to the tail boom or perpendicular to the main shaft. Once you have all 3 servos at exactly 90º, then you will adjust the 3 links to perfectly level the swash.

Tony

Staff member
Can you get is a video of exactly what you are talking about? If a picture is worth a thousand word, a video is speachless lol.

Tony

Staff member
I have seen them tilt the opposite of that to counteract the weight of the tail sticking out. But your's is doing the opposite. Very interesting. The only thing that I can think of is since that elevator is not connected directly from servo to swash, there may be a throw difference there. Have you tried going to the next outside hole on the elevator servo arm? I think 0.5mm to the outside would cure this.

PS, never did like that design lol. I have it on my 600 as well. Just don't remember this issue.

Top Bottom