Marius' learning to fly - "video diary"

stokke

Re: Marius' learning to fly - "video diary"

Recklessness? No, I'm thinking it was because of SMACK!!! Nothing to be ashamed with there!

I do like to see a video from you there you are deliberate on the moves. VERY smooth and precise on the flight. I'm hoping my 600 is half that stable when it's complete. Keep up the great work.

Thank you very much Tony.

Well you've acquired the same gyro as I have on the Gobby, so in theory you should be just as stable ;)

As Tony said, your flying is getting a lot more precise/deliberate, and less like a drunken mosquito LOL :D (said with admiration ;) )

Thanks again :D

Yeah, Marius, that was a great looking flight. Control over orientation changes looked solid. That rainbow with half piro looked very nice. High speed, high bank figure 8 was locked in great, with transition to backwards flight. I have some practicing to do to catch up. Not enough time in the days.

Thanks buddy. Keep at it - and be sure to use the sim also!

And thanks for subscribing :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice grass trimming Marius! Lol

Thanks Sam :D Hope to see some green blades on the 700 when you get it ready too :D :D :D

Tony

Staff member
So far, the 600 is just as stable. Just needs some fine tuning and more setup. I have it with me here at work to work on it some more. I love my job lmao.

stokke

Well, after surviving last nights ordeal, I finally got out to the field to test out my night flying accessories.

No fancy flying - barely daring to do some circuits. Inverted for a second, but chicken out immediately. I couldn't see the tail very well (the video does not do the tail justice, I could see it much better than the vid shows). At first I thought it would be a smart move to have the background lights, but after flying for a short while I realized a pitch black sky is the optimal background.

Anyways, here it is

My first night flight - Gaui NX4 - YouTube

stokke

very nice man i wish i had the nerve or skill for that lol great job

Thanks buddy!

Great job flying at night. Needs more lights. :lol:

Thanks Matthias. More lights are coming :D

___

One of today's flights:

I'm not sure if I love the iKon or the Gaui (or maybe a combination?), but this thing is a dream to fly :D

Last edited by a moderator:

pvolcko

Very impressive, Marius. You've obviously gotten very comfortable with inverted and transitioning between inv and upright. Backwards upright and inverted. Smooth stuff. :)

pvolcko

Woah dude, did get a bit close at the end there. :)

Impressive stability recovery on those piro pitch pumps. Gotta love the sound of this thing on the tic-tocs and rainbows/pushouts.

Nice flying!

Derek

Despite that rather close call, that was an awesome flight Marius! That Goblin really sounds great!!!

iceyo

you know , watching the flight on the display on my video camera wasnt as scary as it was watching it afterwards.. its really difficult to judge how far from you that the heli is ( you lose all depth sight ), so the thing i reacted to when you see the camera move at the end was the sound.. but by that time he'd already regained control so.. to me it looked like the heli was like 10-15 meters away :p

stokke

My palms were sweating just watching. Great flying there Marius, Thanks.

Woah dude, did get a bit close at the end there. :)

Impressive stability recovery on those piro pitch pumps. Gotta love the sound of this thing on the tic-tocs and rainbows/pushouts.

Nice flying!

Hey, your tic toc skills are far more advanced than mine. Great job!

Despite that rather close call, that was an awesome flight Marius! That Goblin really sounds great!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Nice flight Marius,
Hoping to get out and fly soon my self.

Thanks Lee :D Get out there and tear up the skies!

Graham Lawrie

Wow Marius:) Cool video and you are fair throwing that bird about:) I watched it on my phone and nearly ducked at the end when she gets close:) Great flying :)

Top Bottom