Marius' learning to fly - "video diary"

stokke

Great flying there Marius! What are you cutting last years grass? Lol goblin looks great 450 looks assume!

Thanks Sam :D This year I'm hoping to become part of the grass cutting club! :D

Looks really great Marius. Did you play with the tail dial like i said?

Thanks Lee. Nah, I set all my pots back to default - then shortened the tail rod. I'll update the Goblin thread with what had to be done. I got it sorted out, that's all what matters to me :D

Man your flying has definitely surpassed many on here in the short time you have been flying. Keep it up guy your doing great.

Thanks Matthias!

:thumbsup: Looking great, Marius.

Thanks ;)

stokke

Took both my babies out to the fields again. Only got enough power in the cam to shoot the 450 (the Goblin is a bit boring anyways, as I'm still learning to flyit).

Align T-Rex 450 PRO 3GX DFC - At the fields again - YouTube

I also swapped out the plastic horns on the Goblin for Align metal ones.

P1020182.JPG

The inner hole is at the perfect distance for use in the Goblin.

P1020183.JPG

Installed.

P1020184.JPG

P1020185.JPG

I also broke the 450's landing gear a few weeks ago.

P1020186.JPG

So now I got the fancy black skids :D

P1020187.JPG

Even though I have been contemplating getting the Warp - it's on days like this I realize; I do love my 450 :D

stokke

wow .... from May last year to where you are now .... now that is a feat to behold. Great work!

You're quite right - I've been in the hobby for exactly a year! Man time sure flies (literally LOL) Thanks Westy :D

canongraphy

wow Marius you have really gotten even better than when I first got on this site! awesome flying man!
And hey I need some grass cut here and looks like your the man for the job LOL nice, really nice I can only hope to one day develop your skills.

stokke

Good flying Marius:)

wow Marius you have really gotten even better than when I first got on this site! awesome flying man!
And hey I need some grass cut here and looks like your the man for the job LOL nice, really nice I can only hope to one day develop your skills.

Thanks guys :D

__

Here's today's clips. Still terrified of the Goblin, so not much crazy stuff. Then some inverted practice with the 450 which ends in a crash.

Goblin 630 - YouTube

Align T-Rex 450 PRO 3GX DFC - Practice ends in crash - YouTube

canongraphy

OH ouch that 450 hit hard! how bad is the damage? didn't sound like you hit TH before it hit.
sorry that happened but you will have it good as new again. And that Goblin is a rocket!

pvolcko

oof. I haven't done the inverted direct plow into the ground yet. My inverted crash I managed to get it half flipped right side up before it went in at damn near full negative pitch. :) What's the damage?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Man what happened Marius you were doing so well till then. Did some thing come apart on the heli to cause the crash?

Lee

Ouch!!! That measured on the Richter scale. Wrong pitch input, or mechanical? I did that the other day but caught it about 2 inches from the ground.
The Goblin was looking sweet. Super fast turns.

stokke

OH ouch that 450 hit hard! how bad is the damage? didn't sound like you hit TH before it hit.
sorry that happened but you will have it good as new again. And that Goblin is a rocket!

Damage report at the bottom. Thanks Jeff!

It looked like you powered it in. Did you lose orientation?

I should know nose in inverted, it's my "fail safe" inverted position. Typical brain fade moment :D LOL

oof. I haven't done the inverted direct plow into the ground yet. My inverted crash I managed to get it half flipped right side up before it went in at damn near full negative pitch. :) What's the damage?

Yeah, it's quite a stupid crash LOL :D Damage report at the bottom.

Damn bro, ouch, that sucks. Hope the damage is not as bad as it sounded!

Sadly it was a bit costly. That's the hobby for ya :D Thanks Tony

Man what happened Marius you were doing so well till then. Did some thing come apart on the heli to cause the crash?

Nah, I can't blame nothing but myself for this one. My brain simply took a break hahaha :D Thanks Sam :D

Ouch!!! That measured on the Richter scale. Wrong pitch input, or mechanical? I did that the other day but caught it about 2 inches from the ground.
The Goblin was looking sweet. Super fast turns.

Positive input instead of negative. Brain fade moment. Thanks Lee :D

___

Crash report: tail boom, swash drivers, servos (again LOL), main blades, main shaft, feathering shaft (probably), main gear. I'm going to use this opportunity to take out the AR8000 and bind only to the 3GX with Sat.

Thanks for your comments :D

Tony

Staff member
Wow, you broke the radius arms? Wow, that was one hell of a crash. Hope you get it in the air again here soon. Matt I'm hoping is going ot bring my old one back. Might have to do the same thing to that one just so Matt can learn how to fix a "real" crash lol.

Top Bottom