Micro Lee's Brushless MCPX Build

Lee

Pinion mesh VERY CRUCIAL

Today i tidied up the wiring and put a spot of hot glue over the motor plug to hold it in. I also adjusted the pinion mesh.
On first spool up the motor died!!! Something was draining the power so much that my new batteries couldn't give enough juice to stay in the air.
I discovered that my gear mesh was too tight. From being too loose yesterday, i made it too tight today. We are talking micro mm of difference caused many issues, Main motor, Tail holding and servo weirdness.
So be very aware of the mesh between the pinion and the main gear.

Lee

I have added a set of Bullet proof skids to me heli. Thanks to Morelight (Vince) for the generous donation. Also thanks to Gaba who sent me some as well, but they disappeared into the big post office in the sky RIP :)
First thoughts, they look nice on my heli. Took a bit of filing to fit into the slots of my RKN frame. I cut the skids down a bit at the back. I just thought they made it look more like Santas sleigh than a heli :)
LG.jpg

Tony

Staff member
So there is 4 things that are still stock on his heli. Now where is our prize? hahahaha.

Lee

Today i did a full strip down of my little heli. Re-greased all the bearings,main shaft and swash. Cleaned all the contact boards inside the servos. Now there is not a single twitch from the servos. Found a few screws loose too. Now just picking it up, it feel more solid. Shame now its windy for the next week :(

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
how windy is windy? I flew my mcpx in 30 mphs winds.. It was amazing! keeping the bird in control was fun, and it would shoot going with the wind, and hover and slowly come back coming into it! it is so much fun!! :) FLY IT!! :)

Tony

Staff member
mine is better with a bigger motor :biggrin1: We have to have everything big here. Big houses, big engines, big.... Okay I will stop there hehe.

Top Bottom