Micro Lee's Brushless MCPX Build

Lee

Just wanted to give a shout out to www.hawk-rc.com
I bought my MCPX brushless kit from them and all my upgrades.
I'm happy with everything they sent.
As you know, my motor doesn't work. I already ordered another from the UK but i thought i'd just let HawkRC know about my motor issue.
They sent me an email straight back saying they would send me another motor, no questions asked :)
So now i will have two motors if anybody wants one let me know :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Just wanted to give a shout out to Hawk-RC
I bought my MCPX brushless kit from them and all my upgrades.
I'm happy with everything they sent.
As you know, my motor doesn't work. I already ordered another from the UK but i thought i'd just let HawkRC know about my motor issue.
They sent me an email straight back saying they would send me another motor, no questions asked :)
So now i will have two motors if anybody wants one let me know :)

The way you are suggesting you solder, you may need it yourself :biggrin1: J/K! Glad to see you back home safe :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
Lee, let me know what you want for the other motor. I may do a comparison on the two. just PM me.

Lee

Finally got my MCPX back in the air. Just a quick test and all is good.
Had a slight fright when the motor cut out, but it was just the plug wasn't in properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
It's time to take her outside and air her out now. I flew mine is some pretty good wind today and it was a blast until the crash lmao.

callsign4223

Staff member
No posting old videos. The date stamp is clearly 3.5 years old. How long have u been holding out on us with the brushless setup??? J/K. Looking good. Tony tried to convince me I need to go brushless Saturday at the field. I told him I need to learn an orientation besides tail in first ;).

Tony

Staff member
Hey Matt, did you happen to feel the air off my rotor blades when I got hella close to you? hahaha.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ohhhh, you mean when I had to duck out of the way? I don't remember, I was too busy seeing my life flash before my eyes!

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, I don't know what your worried about, it was closer to my face than it was yours hahahahahaha

Lee

I will take it outside when the frikin wind calms down 40+MPH all week
For orientation just keep it as is mate for now. When you start to go upside downy and flippity flop then the brushless is the only way :)

Lee

So replaced the new BL motor and today was no wind :) Had chores to do in the morning, so at 2pm drove down to the beach, still flat calm. Got the heli out, turned on the radio and........ the moment the heli touched the landing pad 25mph wind came hurling across the beach :(
Well i said stuff it and i flew anyway :D Got it on video and i will upload it, but youtube is spazzing out on me tonight, so hold tight its coming.
I can tell you that thing is a different beast now. 25mph and it flew as if it was dead calm. Tail was rock even side on to the strong wind. Did some pyros and various other flips and it was solid.
Only two small issues. motor plug come loose (will solder direct to esc soon) And i have a vibration, i think due to the gear mesh being too loose. The motor is as close as it will go, so i need to elongate the motor mount holes by a mm or so to tighten up the mesh. Lets see if that helps.

Tony

Staff member
Are you running the 8 or 9 tooth pinion? I'm thinking about going down to the 8 tooth to get a little more torque out of it. That would be about a 12% increase in torque just by going down one tooth hehe. Yeah, I'm burning out tail motors as is, all I need is more torque hahaha.

Lee

How many tail motors have you done? I will see how this 7mm one stand up to the CO5 motor. If it fails, i have two stock motors to make a dual set up.

Tony

Staff member
Only the one 120sr tail motor. But I don't want to have to replace this thing again, and even if I do the dual motor mod, they are brushed and will wear out and pull double the amps of the stock motor. I would rather play it safe and just go brushless if I can get the money.

Lee

The place i got my kit from is about to release a flashed ESC version at the end of the month. Dam technology always getting better :D costing me $$$$

Lee

First video.
Wind was lighter in this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
What was that? It took me over 10 flights to crash with the new brushless motor lol. And that crash was not my fault lmao. hahahaha.

Great flight bro.

Top Bottom