1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

It's Starting, FAA Regulation On Model Aircraft

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by callsign4223, Dec 14, 2015.

< Newsletter Email Issues | Blogs Are Back!!!! >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    And I still won't sign up for it.

2. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I registered last time and never requested a refund when the decision was turned, earlier this year.....so my registration is still valid. I don't know if I'll ever get confronted with the need to have this piece of paper with the FAA Unique ID Number but....I have it with me all the time.

3. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    You probably should double check that one and verify if it's legit or not... there are way too many hoax posts/emails out there just to take them on faith...

I almost say if you've heard it on the internet... it's probably NOT true... :D

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Hey, everything on the interwebz is true!!!!! :chuckles:

5. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Apparently it's true ( about Trump signing a bill that includes registering drones again )... It was slipped into a military related bill and Trump probably didn't even know about the RC part ( but who knows for sure )...

It'll be interesting since a court previously overruled that the FCC shouldn't have control over hobby RC craft.

My own definition for "drone" would make it a non-issue for most RC craft that isn't being guided through POV goggles or by automated programming of their flight path... unfortunately I think the FCC has a wider definition just based on weight of an RC aircraft and not a function of how it's controlled.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    There was a toll free number that was supplied. This number was for the FAA. I called that number and i was able to verify that my previously paid registration is, IN FACT, valid and effective.

Please don't take me for some fool that beleives everything on the internet is true. In my post above, I did state that I read an email about the registration being brought back. Perhaps I should have clarified that the email was from the AMA.

I was just mentioning this email for those that wanted to know.

7. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  8. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Feels good to be a criminal once again. This is complete BS and I will not be a part of it. Way too many security leaks with this crap.

9. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Stating what the source of the info is always recommended considering the state and number of hoaxes seen today... leaving that part out just begs the post getting questioned. I posted that I was able to verify it in the post I made following it and the general bill it was slipped into. We are all fools in some respects I suppose, but thinking that my post somehow indicates you are one... is uncalled for

10. bigone5500

bigone5500 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm...so I guess I'll have to register my $1 foam board plane? Yeah, it's really a dangerous machine flying at 10mph.

So are they gonna go around and be scanning frequencies and racebands and all that stuff to try and catch folks? I ain't gonna send in any money...I already pay too much taxes.

11. bigone5500

bigone5500 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    ...and I'm gonna still build the crap out of this 250!!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. jcfernan51

jcfernan51 Member

Blog Posts:
    Next step just like guns in which we need a background check before we can purchase we will need the number before we can buy. But as with gun control or any other regulation the good guys will register and the one with ill intent won't.

13. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Mobile hydraulic technician
    I’m thinking seriously about persueing my drone pilots liscence and start up a small business just to be legal, it’s bs for sure more money more control . The DJI software already limits the craft to stay legal once that’s over ridden it’s logged and sent to who knows where. And every update made it goes somewhere very limited if a heli pad is around , I’m suppose to check with tower before flight it’s a real pain anymore to fly for sure planes, heli , drones and copters . As for privacy bs check out the new Nikon coolpix 900 zoom wow

< Newsletter Email Issues | Blogs Are Back!!!! >