It's Starting, FAA Regulation On Model Aircraft

Derek

I registered last time and never requested a refund when the decision was turned, earlier this year.....so my registration is still valid. I don't know if I'll ever get confronted with the need to have this piece of paper with the FAA Unique ID Number but....I have it with me all the time.

RandyDSok

Ha....I just read an email saying that Donald Trump has signed a bill that requires us to be registered with the FAA, once again. That's unfortunate.

You probably should double check that one and verify if it's legit or not... there are way too many hoax posts/emails out there just to take them on faith...

I almost say if you've heard it on the internet... it's probably NOT true... :D

RandyDSok

Apparently it's true ( about Trump signing a bill that includes registering drones again )... It was slipped into a military related bill and Trump probably didn't even know about the RC part ( but who knows for sure )...

It'll be interesting since a court previously overruled that the FCC shouldn't have control over hobby RC craft.

My own definition for "drone" would make it a non-issue for most RC craft that isn't being guided through POV goggles or by automated programming of their flight path... unfortunately I think the FCC has a wider definition just based on weight of an RC aircraft and not a function of how it's controlled.

Derek

You probably should double check that one and verify if it's legit or not... there are way too many hoax posts/emails out there just to take them on faith...

I almost say if you've heard it on the internet... it's probably NOT true... :D

There was a toll free number that was supplied. This number was for the FAA. I called that number and i was able to verify that my previously paid registration is, IN FACT, valid and effective.

Please don't take me for some fool that beleives everything on the internet is true. In my post above, I did state that I read an email about the registration being brought back. Perhaps I should have clarified that the email was from the AMA.

I was just mentioning this email for those that wanted to know.

Tony

Staff member
Feels good to be a criminal once again. This is complete BS and I will not be a part of it. Way too many security leaks with this crap.

RandyDSok

Please don't take me for some fool that beleives everything on the internet is true. In my post above, I did state that I read an email about the registration being brought back. Perhaps I should have clarified that the email was from the AMA.

Stating what the source of the info is always recommended considering the state and number of hoaxes seen today... leaving that part out just begs the post getting questioned. I posted that I was able to verify it in the post I made following it and the general bill it was slipped into. We are all fools in some respects I suppose, but thinking that my post somehow indicates you are one... is uncalled for

bigone5500

Hmmm...so I guess I'll have to register my $1 foam board plane? Yeah, it's really a dangerous machine flying at 10mph.

So are they gonna go around and be scanning frequencies and racebands and all that stuff to try and catch folks? I ain't gonna send in any money...I already pay too much taxes.

Next step just like guns in which we need a background check before we can purchase we will need the number before we can buy. But as with gun control or any other regulation the good guys will register and the one with ill intent won't.

liquid1

I’m thinking seriously about persueing my drone pilots liscence and start up a small business just to be legal, it’s bs for sure more money more control . The DJI software already limits the craft to stay legal once that’s over ridden it’s logged and sent to who knows where. And every update made it goes somewhere very limited if a heli pad is around , I’m suppose to check with tower before flight it’s a real pain anymore to fly for sure planes, heli , drones and copters . As for privacy bs check out the new Nikon coolpix 900 zoom wow

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Wonder if it is even safe to fly in my backyard:dunno:My property is fence in with trees I planted 25 years ago. Plus a 8' privacy fence. Quit going to the school yard in the summer at 6am. Hardy any one out then and I'm done in 45 minutes. Despite having a decent size patch of land, it's restrictive for a 450 size bird to really get it on. We had a decent flying club mostly planes don't hear from them any more.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
As I know You should be able to fly in your yard as long as your not in a deed restriction area. Then you need permission.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thanks D.O.G will check it out. I built my house 35 years ago when there was nothing here. The government has taken the fun out of the hobby. Real bumper

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
As long you play by big brother rules you should be OK. Damn non common sense drone NOT quad so call pilots that ruin it for all :duh::emomad:Even though I have both. Just got to use common sense. I guess it's hard when you only have 2 brain cell. 1 is lost and the other1 is out looking for it :lmao:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Don't like it one bit but to stay under the radar, I'll registered my birds. Have always took extra steps to be safe not only for myself but others all my life.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Just got back from visiting the kids in Maryland. It was over dinner when my son in law and I got into a discussion over the FAA. In the subdivision where they live, a guy was seen flying his drone around. So one fine sunny day he was caught using his drone to spy on a family thru the window. The cops were called and tracked the guy down and it was not a happy ending for him. Guess he missed the part about following the rules of both the AMA and FAA.:sleeping1:

Top Bottom