I think my flying is done

This crash may have me down for a real long time. I may not have going by the fun fly. Anyhow it is what it is and I will have to find something someplace this kit with for now.

The repair list so far looks like a re-kit. The skids and tail blades are fine. Canopy is fine, I had it off.

You just meant done for the time being, right?? If not, due to broke stuff, I know I have some stuff I'll never use and probably same for many others and if you list what ya need maybe we could come up with some stuff to get ya going. You've been too helpful here to see ya go. Hopefully I just misread this?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Just noticed you even live near by! Once your back up we might meet someday over at one of the fields along e. Portland ave! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... Just ALSO noticed this is an OLD post, lol, and also that you have tons of helis, lol. Sooo forget I ever posted here.

Tony

Staff member
Billy, URI is in Texas and according to your location, you are in Wa. I would say that is quite a ways away. lol.

Billy, URI is in Texas and according to your location, you are in Wa. I would say that is quite a ways away. lol.

Yeah, lol was looking at MY stats when I thought I was looking at his. Sheesh, I must have just set a RECORD for the most screwups in ONE post. I humbly fade out of sight......

murankar

Staff member
A few days prior to the crash the wife nicely told me[basically] that I would not fly for a VERY long time if I crashed again.

Hours after the crash she gave me some reassurance that I would be up and flying soon as long as I have a SIM or micro. I elected for the SIM.

Keep in mind I destroyed the frame all four pieces. The side frames are right around $17 a piece [sold separately], main shaft, feathering shaft [those together are around $20], main blades $29, main blade grips, tail boom, battery tray and lower frame [sold together about 30 or so dollars]. So given the cost it would be cheaper to just rekit this heli.

Do to the overall cost and looking at Gaui, this crash would have been cheaper on the Gaui. With that said I am going to be getting that kit and slowly rebuilding the Protos Mini.

I will get Protos Mini in the air, no doubt about it just need time. With the Gaui route well I really want to build from the ground up again. I miss building, hopefully I get the best of both worlds.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Good Luck! Rebuilding is kind of fun. It's a shame it cost so much. I'm planning minimal crashing this year. I am just into my third year flying. My last crash was in August because I went inverted and wasn't in idol up. Glad your wife sees how happy this hobby makes you feel. Otherwise it if only came down to money you might not fly again for a long time.

Ken

murankar

Staff member
Right now I am just waiting for the tax dollars to come in.

I have the in my wish list
The kit, 2 of the following
Main/feathering shafts
Auto rotation gear
Front torque tube gear
Boom
Torque tube
Rear tail box with all gears

1 1.5mm scorpion hex wrench
1 2mm scorpion hex wrench
1 pack of scorpion battery straps
1 RealFlight 7
I maybe adding on a new esc, I am about 80% sure about it.

Total bill as of right now is around $390.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom