I think my flying is done

cml001

That's sucks.. I'm in the mist of rebuild'n my 450pro dfc now.... I hate work'n on it for its size... Not much room.. And cost is cost on any bird.. This hobby is expensive. Bad, where are u getting 6s battery's for $40?

Ken Jackson

Sorry about your crash. Not sure I understand why a total rebuild. I've certainly had worse crashes.

If you go with the Dominator stick with the 6s because the battery only needs to be 1000-1600 mAH. Smaller battery less dollars.

Ken

treff

It will pass Murankar that feeling, it will pass and you will start dreaming of a better heli real soon and being back up there. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Thanks for the support. Good news is my wife and I were just talking and I will be able to get either a new protos or something a bit more cost friendly. So far this is what I am looking at as of right now. I am sure though prices and kits may change by the time I order it. Now I wont be getting a new kit till February (the end of that is), my wife told she realizes how much fun I have when I fly and she agreed that it would probably the best option for my 40th b-day gift. So I will post up the contenders in a bit.

murankar

Staff member
Lets start this off with what I have for equipment:

Motor: Scorpion HKII 2221-8
3s/475 Watts/45 Amps/3595Kv
Scorpion HKII-2221-8 - Scorpion Power System
ESC: Scorpion Commander
45 Amp
Scorpion Commander 15V 45A ESC SBEC (V3) - Scorpion Power System
Cyclic Servos: Savox
SH-0257MG
Savox 450 Class Heli Digital Servo Flight Pack - savHELI450
Tail Servo: Savox
SH-1257MG
Savox SH1257MG Micro Digital Servo

Ok this is what I am going to base my new on. Now I also have a Scorpion motor that is rated for 121 T main gear, so far I think my 2221-8 is going to be the motor that I am going to use (99% sure on that).

Jessi mentioned the Warp 360 right now that one is out of the budget, although its not off the table (Compass Warp 360 (Airframe Only) Warp360-B (Warp360-B) - HeliDirect -- Best Customer Services, Fast).

Gaui X3, this looks like a real nice kit and at $209 UDS make this one a real contender (GAUI X3 HELICOPTER BASIC KIT W/CNC TAIL GRIPS (G-216002) - HeliDirect -- Best Customer Services,), For main blades I will be using the KBDD Carbon FIber blades. I like the cyclic servo layout, its similar to the Gobby with the three servos equally spaced around the main shaft. I think this is the kit. All of my electrics will work on this and I will be able to really see what the Scorpion 2221-8 can do for power. One thing I may have to upgrade the motor shaft to 3.5 from 3.17. Gaui uses a scorpion motor branded for them, I dont know which motor is used more than likely its a 6S motor.

One last thing the wife wants me to get a micro also so I can do more crashing on it versus the 450. I have a DX5e so what micro which blade helis or helimax with anylink.

heli-maniac

When you get ready call ProStar Hobby and see what they will sell you a warp kit for
They will most likely give you a better price on it
Ask Gaba about the repair cost on one
When I lawn darted the first warp I had and broke the frame I think it was only like 75.00 to put it back together and you know what most of that is is blades
The Gaui X3 looks nice and can also be 3 or 6s like the warp
Just dont know what parts would be in a crash on the X3

Warp may be a little more but maybe cheaper to fix

As far as Micros You know I like the 130x and the Nano NCPX
The 130x is not as bad as its made out to be STOCK ones fly fine But can get pricey
Nano flies good inside if you have the room they dont like wind
Mcpx BL to high priced for me to even try

But Hey Im just tossing stuff out there Get your money right and get what you want
But I will say having more than one heli helps when you do crash and one goes down for a bit

callsign4223

Staff member
I would really suggest the 130x. It can withstand really hard crashes and just upright it and continue flying. If you do break something parts are in the 2-10 dollar range depending what's busted. My most expensive crash so far was $15.

murankar

Staff member
I was thinking more along the lines of the msr. I can fly indoors and really get my controls down. Now if the nano will work on a dx5e then that could work also. My other option will be real flight 7 depending on the cost. If it works out to be cheaper then that's what I'll be doing instead. The wife wants me to SIM or fly a smaller cheaper bird to practice on.

My next bit of work will be to tally up the cost of a crash kit. My plans are to include extra on the basics just in case.

---update
Just checked and the nano does work on the dx5e so I think that's the one going in the cart.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Without tallying exactly a crash kit with at least to bags of each part will run around $80 USD.

In comparison to the protos most of the stuff I broke is at least half the cost and that includes the torque tube assembly. I think it would be a smart buy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
I have looked at Tarot, it was a while back. I didn't get the warm and fuzzies the last time looked.

This purchase won be happening till late February but I will take a look.

Sweet deal on that mcpx. That should sell quickly.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Well I think I am set on the Gaui X3. I just priced out the kit with real flite 7 and a couple extras New 1.5mm and 2.0mm hex wrenches along with 3.5mm motor shaft.
My crash kit includes 2 of each listed: main shaft, feathering shaft, front tt gears, main gear, rear tail box assembly, boom assembly with tt. Basically I can rebuild the tail twice or have 2 pre built up to the tail output shaft.

There a few features that I really like. I like the servo layout, the slide out battery try and the esc/motor location. Anyhow depending on when the wife orders it I should have it before mid March.

I just have to convince the wife why I need to spend 129 on a flight SIM when I have one already. I think I can manage that.

Top Bottom